1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Ithaca 5E SxS 12 gauge

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by brdslayr, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Looking to purchase an Ithaca grade 5E 12 gauge SxS. 30 or 32in barrels. Can be vent rib or not. LOP at least 14 1/4in. Single or double trigger. Might also consider a 4E. JW

2. brdslayr

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Jim W, PM sent. JW

3. brdslayr

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Still looking.

4. pdq

pdq Member

0   0   0

Slayer:

Good 5E's aren't easy to find. First, realize that over the period of 1924 - 1986 only 5,700 Knicks of all grades were made, and by far the greatest number were the 4Es. As you go up through the 5E, then the 7E, then the Sousa (and related Dollar grades), the numbers quickly get smaller.

And, when they do show up it's not unusual to find they have been "improved", i.e. barrels ported, stock replaced, stocks shortened, etc., or have seen anything but a gentle life.

So -- good hunting for one, and when you find one that's in highly original and in really top condition, jump on it and don't be bashful at throwing extra bucks at it, as it could be a year before another comes up.

After buying a really nice 5E from a neighbor I went on the hunt for a really pristine 7E. I specifically wanted one from the '20s or early '30s in absolutely original and pristine condition. Took me 6 months to find one coming up at a large auction and I had to gulp a few times in order to keep bidding and win it, but that was 2 years ago and I haven't seen another one in decent condition since.

I shoot them both a couple times a year, and then spend about an hour cleaning and lubing them and admiring the incredible hand workmanship that went into them.

Vastly underappreciated guns compared to Parkers and others.

When you find one, we'll want to see pictures!!!

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.