1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Hidefspex Panther

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Rudolf, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rudolf

Rudolf TS Member

0   0   0

I am wanting to buy a set of hidefspex panther glasses.
    If anyone has some they wish to sell please send me an email.

Warwick

2. Rudolf

Rudolf TS Member

0   0   0

3. Rudolf

Rudolf TS Member

0   0   0

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

In my considerable years of shooting and buying the next "breakthrough", Hidefspex is the biggest waste of my money and its not even close. I also know some that continue to use them and like 'em.

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

If you may be looking for a HDS "deal"... check out the Orvis website - they have 2 HDS models they are offering.

The Max Orange Shooting glasses are new at $199 and they are clearancing the "Corsa" model at $159, down from $250. They also offer the Panther at $500+

FYI,

regards to all,

Jay

6. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

If people thought Oakley glasses were overpriced thay never priced the HDS glasses. A complete waste of ones money. I can't believe some people fall for a 500.00 pair of sunglasses, Just amazes me. They are passed out to the best known shooters who in turn praise them and some poor suckers buy into the hype.
    Ranger,Decot and Oakley are making a great product for far less money. HDS has done well marketing but what a joke.

7. jamsmotorhead

jamsmotorhead Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

BAD 303,
    Sounds like you have had some firsthand experience with the Hydefspex. What specific features of these glasses make them so bad, other than price, in your opinion. Thanks, in advance, for your input. J. Ackerman.

8. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Never owned a pair but have tried several versions on and still can't believe people pay the price for them. They don't feel as good to me as Oakleys and they seem to give me a dizzy feeling when looking at the ground and walking. I know some will say they are the best thing since sliced bread but there is zero proof they help break one more target.

9. tj303

tj303 Member

0   0   0

I own both plano Panther (no post) and Ranger glasses. The plan was to try them both and sell the ones I didn't like. I am keeping both because... I prefer the Panther for skeet, with no center post they give me excellent unobstructed peripheral vision, looking back to the high house on station 2 and shooting doubles peripheral vision is important to me. I prefer the Rangers on the trap field, I like using blinders when shooting trap, it helps keep my focus straight out on to the trap field.

10. bestgun

bestgun Member

0   0   0

I own a set of Panther HiDefSpex, and without any doubt, they are absolutely the dogs bollocks. They have improved my ability to pick up the target under all lighting conditions. And not that I have experienced this - but they also offer industry leading safety in the event that a stray pellet should come your way. Eyes don't grow back, so what price do you put on protection? You will remember and appreciate quality long after you have forgotten the price. I bet you don't shoot with a Baikel!!

11. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I have owned just about all the shooting glasses mentioned here, including the HDS Panthers. My observations are just the opposite of BAD 303 - they have improved my ability to pick up the target and the lenses are large enough that you can see without obstruction. I occasionally wear one of the other glasses for practice and I always go back to the Panthers for clear, unobstructed vision. But they aren't for everybody.

The price? Well, they are expensive but there are deals out there if you look around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.