1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wtb Hi Power leupold scope for 7mmstw

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by quick2, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quick2

quick2 Member

0   0   0

i am looking for real good scope and a high powered on 4.5x14x50 leupold is what i have on it now.h I want one bigger with left/right and be able to adjust it up to 6 to 7oo yards.

2. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

0   0   0

Have one---THERE is only one scope I would put on this most flat shooting hunting rifle out there Shepherd scope with the 18" reticle. Anything inside 700yards is simply----DEAD! Deer, ELk, Bear no matter. Phil In Colorado.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Phil, the STW is no longer the baddest, flattest-shooting 7mm out there - see the ballistics comparison of it and the 7mm RUM at the link above.

Ed

4. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

0   0   0

ED, Depends on the bullet. Anyways I guess I better sell my Wichester M 70 7mmSTW that shoots 1/2" groups and go out and buy a new rifle that shoots 75 fps faster. With some bullets. I can throw it by hand faster than that. Who raw. Gotta love those sales pitches. Phil S.

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Trijicon makes some excellent scopes - very reasonably priced relative to Zeiss or the like.

They make a 5 - 20 X 50 that might do the trick for you.

6. kenf

kenf Active Member

0   0   0

quick2- check your e-mail

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I think the difference is more than 75fps but even if it is a couple of hundred, the deer aren't going to know it. And if you already own a good shooter, there no need to change. My son bought a Model 700 BDL/SS/DM with a factory muzzle brake in 7mmSTW about 10 years ago and loves it but if he were doing it over today, he would opt for the beltless 7mmRUM.

Ed

8. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

0   0   0

Ed, Looked at the |R|E|L|I|ABLE ballistic tables and the best I saw was about 85-90fps difference. Don't go by what Remington says--they're trying to sell you some hardware. A|ND I
    ll bet if properly loaded the STW will stay right with the RUM anyways on the actual chronograph. They both have similar powder capacities I understand.

As to the original question GO with the Shepherd scope-- it is a foolproof system--been using it for more years than I want to talk about with awesome results. You don't need an extra rangefinder with the scope system but I take one anyways just to make sure. The reticles do the rest and it really works. They have a 20 power variable scope now so there's no excuse for not using the best there is. Phil S.

9. quick2

quick2 Member

0   0   0

also would like to buy some brass for the 7stw.
    Anglinc@k12tn.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.