1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Hastings High rib

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by brad99g, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad99g

brad99g Member

0   0   0

I am looking for one of those VERY hard to find 30" Hasting High rib barrels for a 1100. If anyone has one or knows someone who does that would like to sell it please let me know. Thanks Brad

2. brad99g

brad99g Member

0   0   0

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Brad, you have a lot of company as I have a list of Shotgun Sports Magazine readers who are seeking one of those elusive critters. I only wish I would have had the foresight to purchase more than the one I have.

Ed

4. brad99g

brad99g Member

0   0   0

I have seen a few for sale on here however, I am sure they are already sold. I have emailed the sellers hopeing that someone still has one. I found one for sale online at a gunshop but cant get a hold of the dealer. I think they might be out of business. I would have to buy the whole gun to get it but would definetly do it. I know a guy here in Iowa that has one and he let me put it on my gun and shoot it for a round to see how I like it, needless to say I broke em all from the 16. Not only did I hit them all I smoked them. I have run 25 straight several times but never have I hit them as hard as I did with that barrel. If I can find one Im sure it will be a great addition to my new 1100 Competition. Wish me luck

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

They DO hammer targets, don't they? And they look more nicely finished than a factory barrel, too. It's a damned shame we weren't able to talk Hastings into making them for 870s but knowing what eventually happened, why they wouldn't undertake that project is understandable.

Ed

6. brad99g

brad99g Member

0   0   0

Im sure I will locate one somewhere, just gonna have to be patient and save the $$$. With any luck this gun shop will answer the phone and my hunting will be over. Im keeping my fingers crossed they are just on vacation and not out of business

7. brad99g

brad99g Member

0   0   0

Well I have found one (finally got a hold of the dealer) I am going to have to buy the whole gun to get it though, lol. Still at a good price. However it only comes with one choke and its a IM, what chokes does it take and how hard are they going to be to find?

8. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

0   0   0

Brad they take the hastings CTIII series tubes. They are very hard to find, I've been looking for an Xfull for some time.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.