1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Hastings hi rib target crusher 1100 barrel

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by vatrap, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vatrap

vatrap Member

0   0   0

I'm looking for one of the Hastings high rib barrels that were sold by Shotgun Sports or a similar barrel with a higher rib than the standard step rib barrel at a reasonable price. I'd consider a add on rib that would fit a probore barrel about 1/2" high and for a 30" barrel.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

The Hastings barrel doesn't have a particularly high rib. You could get the proper adjustment of the comb on a straight trap stock with standard hardware.

The one thing it did help with is POI. The barrel I have shoots 90/10 which is a little on the high side for me, but I seem to get along with it.

The barrel is a little heavier than the original, due to rib construction, and makes the gun a little muzzle heavy.

ss

3. macgyver

macgyver TS Member

0   0   0

Very tough to find these barrels. I shoot a 1100 Competition Pro Bore w/factory adj comb and you can raise the comb up enough to equate the Hastings barrel, which I shoot now. However, you won't have a point of reference to use with the sights unless you change out the mid bead. I used a HiViz green sight in place of the standard mid bead (bead unscrews counterclockwise), so I could stack the beads with my comb at max height. That will give you a 70/30 POI. I found that not changing out the mid bead left a lot of rib showing between the beads and I could never get the gun settled down to the same exact point each time I setup. Very bright days put a real shine on the rib and it was near impossible to tell if I would be under or over the bird. The Hastings High Rib is a 70/30 barrel. If you find a barrel, make sure it has choke tubes. They are CTIII and impossible to find. BTW, there is a nice way to quickly gain additional height in the comb and/or soften the impact on your face and that's with Wrapid Comb (http://www.traphappens.com/product/GSO-FullStockWrap).You'll find some other nice toys at that site and they are great folks to work with. Another trick to raise the comb is to remove it and place a small brass washer between the stud and the nut in the stock and then stack washers. FYI Mac

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

I wish I hadn't sold my Hastings 1100 trap barrel, I really think they outshoot the step rib full choke Remmy barrels. But the tar and feathers away that is what I shoot now. But I have to disagree about the rib, I wouldn't call it a HIGH rib but it is quite a bit higher than the Remmy rib and is much heavier made. I've been wondering about one of those Pro Bore Remmy barrels but they are kinda pricy.

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

For what its worth, I bought one of the barrels for my 1100 receiver and put a Jack West adjustable stock set with a Limbsaver pad. I also put a mercury reducer inside the stock to offset the weight of the barrel. Works great for me. JM

6. vatrap

vatrap Member

0   0   0

Still looking.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hastings hi rib barrel