1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Hasting 1100 Trap barrel chokes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by OLD ONE EYE, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Looking for a Modifyed and Improved Mod choke tubes for a Hastings 1100 hi rib trap barrel thought I look here before buying new as someone might have them laying around.
    Buddy

2. Tim Lee

Tim Lee Member

Cabelas usually keeps a decent selection of the chokes for them.

I've shot a 30" smoothbore Hastings on a field 870 for a little over 20 years and it has a very consistent pattern, regardless of choke. Very similar patterns to my factory 30" full barrel or 28" Mod barrel, when choked similarly.

I also just bought one of the 34" Hastings for my son's 870... This one is the newer style grooved barrel (still takes the same chokes as the earlier version though) that is supposed to make for an even better pattern. We haven't patterned it yet, but he broke his 1st 75 straight with a Mod choke in it 2nd time he shot it.

my .02,

-Tim

3. Tim Lee

Tim Lee Member

FWIW/Just to add to my previous post... Here's what Hastings says about their newer grooved barrels:
    -----------------------------------
    Wadlock® Ventilated Rib Shotgun Barrels mark the biggest advance in shotgun technology in many years. Each barrel is hammer forged from chamber to choke with six straight lands and grooves to prevent any rotation of the wad and shot column. Eliminating the rotation of the charge greatly reduces the number of flyer shot lost from the pattern due to centrifugal force. This results in a 7% to 10% improvement in pattern efficiency and density by putting more shot on the target where it's needed, regardless of choke.

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Tim,

That is the same feature Ruger had with their short lived trap gun.

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.