1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB H&R TOPPER TRAP

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Owen, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owen

Owen TS Member

0   0   0

New shooter wanted reasonable single shot preferably H&R Topper Trap new or used any information regarding this gun.
    Thanks

2. 7771

7771 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

heres a website. but d recommend a beretta 3901 RL or BT-99 micro.
    Best of luck, Tom

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

A good 870 pump would be a great starting point.. Maybe add an adjustable comb..

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

0   0   0

The H&R Trap would be available as a special order item from WalMart. They were $325 last year when I bought a pair. Very light gun. Great trigger. A little added weight to the stock and you are good to go. I got some odd looks when I brought mine out, but nobody was laughing when I ran most of them. It was one gun that everyone had to try. A lot of shooters liked it. I use a reduced load in mine for practice on occasion. It's a decent starter gun and is not too heavy for smaller framed people. The chokes are the standard Invector style. Interchangeable with Winchoke and mossberg 500s. It comes with an Improved Mod. It patterned quite well with the stock choke.

Tron modified one with an adjustable comb and a few tweaks. Search for the thread. It was done in two parts a year or so ago. You can PM Tron for more info if you wish.

The only real problem I had was getting used to cocking the external hammer. The shells would stick in the chamber when it was new. I cleaned up the chamber with a hone and brush. Solved the problem. I still carry a wad knocker, since that will also pop out the fired hull when dropped from the muzzle end.

5. trap906

trap906 Member

0   0   0

we have 4 of these in stock at the store where I work. very nice starter gun, or for anyone thst don't want to spend a lot on a gun. I really thought we could sell a bunch of these, since we have several new school teams in the area. But seems parents just aren't gona spend $325 for jr. a single bbl. shot gun, they just don't understand that grandpa's old pump gun, really don't fit everyone or every situation....gotta love us hillbillies !!

6. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

0   0   0

I have a friend with one - I can check with him if you are serious...

7. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

0   0   0

My shooting buddy has a NIB Topper Trap. He bought it last year and had the Country Gentleman put an adjustable comb on it, no changes to the pad or LOP. Unfired, NIB w/ the updates: 400 bucks. They are 400 new w/o adj comb and Country Gentleman does really terrific work (the comb work was 200). He will ship to your FFL holder.

8. mmonique

mmonique TS Member

0   0   0

We bought three last year for our youth shooting program. They get a tremendous amount of use and have held up well. Only knock would be the screw that holds on the forearm gets hot and its right where your palm grips the forearm. As with the previous poster grease the ejector well when you first get them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.