1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB H&R TOPPER TRAP

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by turtle.ut, Jun 14, 2013.

1. turtle.ut

turtle.ut Member

0   0   0

I have been looking fore about a month without success, and when i found one today in OK city, he wont ship. So i need your help. I want this to start my daughter on in the youth shooting team at our club

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Got your recoil device picked out?

3. turtle.ut

turtle.ut Member

0   0   0

no but the 7/8 @ 1100 in a paper will do

4. Tydaws

Tydaws Member

0   0   0

There are several on gunbroker.

5. turtle.ut

turtle.ut Member

0   0   0

lots of toppers not ONE trap

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Maybe you should check with Tron. He has experience with one and I dont remember it being good

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

Good way to ruin a kid for trap shooting.

-Gary

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Far better choices on the market. The guys here are not joking about the recoil.

We had a boy on our High School Team show up with one. We called it the mule as that's what it kicked like. He was even using Nobel Sports Low Recoil loads. The couple of months he shot it, his scores steadily went to crap as he got so gun shy he didn't even want to shoot. The kid's dad ended up buying a used BT 99 for him and over the next year and a half he became one of our best shooters.

If you don't heed the warning, I hope your daughter is one tough broad.

9. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I bought a brand new one off the shelf at my club two years ago. Super light gun, maybe all of 7 lbs, 14" LOP, stiff trigger and although it broke targets it also broke me. I'm 6'2, 220 lbs and the recoil with light trap loads was enough to have me thinking about "when is this round going to be over" rather than concentrating on the target. I had it two months and sold it to someone on this site. Was glad to see it go. My 11 yr old grandaughter shot a Beretta RL 391 and now shoots a BT 99 Micro with a Gracoil. After shooting that H&R myself, there's no way I'd have given it to her to use. Save your money, buy a legitimate trap gun that your daughter will enjoy shooting and can progress in. The H&R isn't it.

10. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Not a bad shooter, but you'll need to do something about recoil, even with light loads and I don't think it's a good idea to start a Kid off on a hammer gun. You're better off putting your money into an 870 or 1100.

Jb

11. elmo

elmo Member

0   0   0

Dont know about other states but in the Tx 4-H youth program guns with exposed hammer that have to be physically cocked are not allowed.