1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB H&R TOPPER TRAP SHOTGUN

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by PULL1961, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PULL1961

PULL1961 TS Member

0   0   0

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A H&R TOPPER TRAP SHOTGUN FOR OVER TWO YEARS. I CAN NOT SEEM TO FIND ONE IN MY AREA FOR SALE. IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME OUT THIS WOULD GREAT. I LIVE IN NORTHEAST OHIO.
    I ENJOY SHOOTING TRAP I JUST DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY A BT-99 AND I DON'T SHOT EVERY WEEK DO TO MY WORK LOAD.

2. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

I know a friend that has one. I think he had about $475/$400 on it?. I know it was like new. This was a few months ago. Pretty close to your area. Let me know if your interested and in the next few days Ill find out for sure.
    Chris

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I bought one of these brand new last year (May) to shoot trap "sometimes". If you haven't shot one you might want to think about it some or beat the bushes looking for one to try. It'll break targets if you do your part but it will also beat the hell out of you. A seven pound 12 ga bangs you up and by the time you get through your first 25 you're going to be thinking more about how many more rounds you have to shoot that day rather than how you're going to set up and break the next target. I sold mine a month after I bought it.

4. PULL1961

PULL1961 TS Member

0   0   0

i would like to buy new if possible. my son had some issues with his topper deluxe and h&r was really good to work with and fast.

i really don't want a 870. to many parts to wear out. i have a pump and i have to work on it all the time. it is a nobel 60 and they don't make to many parts for.

i want to have a break barrel just for trap. i want a gun that is simple not alot of moving parts. as for the kick they make mercury reducers or gracoil but plates. this past Friday i even shot a bt-99 and it beat the hell out of my shoulder i can't put my arm above my head. that was only 100 shells.

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

LOL - This is some hilarious sh!t right here! Wow.

-Gary

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Hahahahahaaaa ... if a BT99 beat the hell outta you ... just wait until you shoot that H&R!

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

My buddy had a H&R Topper Trap for a real short time. We called it "The Mule" 'cause that's exactly what it kicked like. A Mule. :)

8. yakimaman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Wait, this is not for real is it? How old are you? Believe me,if a BT 99 beat you up, you won't make it through one round with that H&R.

9. yakimaman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Wait, this is not for real is it? How old are you? Believe me,if a BT 99 beat you up, you won't make it through one round with that H&R.

10. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

And ..... "I don't want an 870, too many parts to wear out?"

11. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

0   0   0

See the link above.

12. grntitan

0   0   0

They should come with a sling. Not for the gun, for your arm. :)

13. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

There is a world of difference between a Nobel and an 870 trap. If you get an 870 in decent shape and something breaks, I will fix it FREE!!! Just because a gun shoots 12ga. shells, doesn't mean that they are even close to similar...

870's are tough and reliable............merlyn

14. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

0   0   0

wow I finally just read the original post. too many parts to wear out on an 870...really? lol....870 is hard to beat in durability.

15. PULL1961

PULL1961 TS Member

0   0   0

i think the 870 express is a good gun but everyone has one and it is about as smooth as an alligator. now a wing master trap is a really nice gun but it is out of my price range. i am looking to spend about $500 on a gun. i also don't want to buy someone used gun. i personally would never criticize someone on what he or she wants to purchase. all i was looking for was a little help on locating a trap dedicated gun that i could afford. boy i am sure glad the gentlemen at the club are respectful of me and my decisions.

thank you for nothing you pack of A$$HOLES!

16. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

pull1961: You have a bit of an "edge" on you today. These guys were just trying to help,,,,,buy whatever you want.... who cares???

17. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

0   0   0

PULL1961 - I found one for you. See the link above or copy and paste this from below.

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=277758&Messages=2

18. grntitan

0   0   0

$500 would have bought a nice used 870 Wingmaster that would last a lifetime. I have a '69 and '72 model Wingmaster's both bought used many years ago. I have literally shot the crap out of them and have never had to replace a part on either. There are nice ones for sale on here often. The great thing with a Wingmaster is if you decide to sell it, you will get your money back out of it.

Too bad you won't listen to reason from us assholes.............

19. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

0   0   0

Word. I bought my '77 Wingmaster 870TB last year for $325, put a jack west stock on it with adjustable comb and use it as my dedicated trap gun. Couldnt be happier.

20. TD1958

TD1958 Member

0   0   0

Matt, you made a mistake. It is pack of assholes, LOLLLLLL, Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

h&r topper trap gun for sale