1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Gun for very small person

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by tomlieb, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

0   0   0

I have two guns that I got for women and children, a Beretta 3901 and a BT 99 micro, they work fine for a regular sized woman or large child but both are too much for smaller framed people. What do you get for the very small framed person?
    Tom

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/compact/shotguns/model-11-87/model-11-87-sportsman-compact-synthetic.aspx

Click on the "adjustable length of pull" and note the stock spacers.

-Gary

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

i have a 303 that would work

4. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a Browning special skeet O/U 28" with a slyde recoil reducer and reduced length of pull,was my wifes gun if interested I will post a pic.Jerry

5. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a Lefever single barrel trap with a 30 inch barrel that has custom wood on it. I think the LOP is something like 13 inches. I would take $595.00 for it.
    Don

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

sounds like you need a Remington Youth model auto in a 20ga..they only have like a 12" LOP and wont push a tiny human around at all with standard type loads

7. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

0   0   0

The youth model Remington does sound like a possibility. The guns I have already have a 13" lop and 28" barrels. The Rem has a 12" lop and 21" barrell plus is only 6.5 lbs. I'll look around for one. I don't know of any Remington dealers in So Cal, but there must be someone.
    Tom

8. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

13" is pretty short already. get another stock, cut whichever one you want to whatever length you want. when they get bigger/sell the gun put the new stock on. oz

9. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

0   0   0

I looked at a Benelli 20 ga auto today, only 5.5 lbs, 24" barrell, I'm not sure of the lop. Anyone have any experience with this gun?
    Tom

10. marc92040

marc92040 Member

0   0   0

my duaghter shot a 20ga benelli montifeltro for a couple of years, started shooting it as a 9 year old and she was small, shot ata trap 2 time a month practices weekly, never had a problem with the gun light , very low felt recoil, was well worth the money and an excellent gun over all.

marc

11. UncleWray

UncleWray TS Member

0   0   0

My small framed 14 yr old son has been trying guns on in the store. Right now he's using a junk Win 1200 with a birch youth stock. Fits OK but is too muzzle heavy so he leans back.

The Stoger youth stocked 20 ga over under has been his favorite so far. Might be a throwaway gun, but it's priced at less than $400

12. 5point

5point TS Member

0   0   0

I coach kids in trap shooting and see this problem all the time. Assuming the gun is not to heavy for her, I would get her a custom stock. www.wenig.com makes ladies stocks that have a reduced reach(for smaller hands) and reduced lop. Prices start at about $100 for unfinshed stocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.