1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Garmin Astro 220 and dc 40 collar

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Terry Phillips, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry Phillips

Terry Phillips Member

0   0   0

I would like to buy a new Garmin Astro 220 with a dc 40 collar. Does anyone know a wholesaler, or where I can get one other than retail. Call or email me a link. 217-617-2930

2. dogsnhorses

dogsnhorses TS Member

0   0   0

I have both the DC30 and the DC40 collars for my Astro. I used the DC40 for the first time this past week and can't say I'm sold on it being better than the DC30. It tends to drop communication more frequently and it goes through its charge more quickly. It also doesn't like to connect to the 220 as quickly as a DC30. You might think about a DC30 instead. I don't have any leads on where you can get them, other than the usual online sources like Lion Country Supply or Dogs Unlimited.

3. Terry Phillips

Terry Phillips Member

0   0   0

I called about one yesterday and they told me the dc30 wasn't waterproof. Also you can program the dc40 so it will not transmit as often to save your battery. Like every 2 minutes. Now I am not sure what I want. I did find out that the dc 30 is $100. cheaper.
    Thanks for your input

4. DONNE

DONNE Member

0   0   0

I've looked just about everywhere. Astro & DC40 bundle goes for around $599. Astro & DC30 @ $499 is the best I can find. Anybody know of a better price ?

5. dogsnhorses

dogsnhorses TS Member

0   0   0

I wouldn't worry too much about the waterproof thing unless your dog swims with it regularly. I've not had a problem with the DC30. I understand there is a software update for the DC40 which may help but I have not tried it.

You can set either collar to transmit less often to save battery. I use mine for grouse hunting primarily and 2 min is a long time. I have mine set to 5 sec and that even seems long sometimes.

Regarding prices, those seem about right. I doubt you will find much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.