1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Fireball Brass

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by halfmile, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Like it says, I am seeking 221 Fireball brass. If you have some that you don't need, I would be interested.

New brass is a little pricey but that's the next step. A cutoff die for making the stuff from .223 would be OK too if you have one you don't use any more.

Thanks

HM

2. halfmile

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

3. Straight99

Straight99 Member

0   0   0

I just use my RCBS sizing die without the expander to neck down 223 brass. Once fired brass works better. Trim with a tubing cutter and then trim to length. Then back to the sizing die with the expander and you have all the 221 brass you will ever need.

4. halfmile

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Do you turn or inside ream the necks? I see Redding has a form and trim die too, but if your method works I don't have to buy anything. (more money for bullets).

HM

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I don't know that you have to turn the necks on the reformed brass but this is something that really helps accuracy with the smaller calibers even with standard casings. Does wonders for my .22-250s anyway and I would bet the .221 benefits from it as well.

6. Straight99

Straight99 Member

0   0   0

I have never had a problem with either military or commercial brass. I have never tried foreign brass. I have seen some very bad no name brass.

7. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

0   0   0

You might get away with not turning or reaming, especially with commercial brass, but I would surely check them so that they have plenty of room to expand so that you don't get too high of pressure.

I formed mine via a trim die, hacksaw, and outside turning with a Lyman tool hooked up to a power drill.

I made mine out of GI brass and had to neck turn them all to meed SAAMI specs for neck OD for a loaded round.

Some lots (years) of GI brass form nice and others are too hard and crack on forming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.