1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wtb falling block 45/70 or larger

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by zap, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zap

zap TS Member

I am wanting to buy a falling block type rifle in 45/70 or 90 or 110 etc. or would possibly consider a trap dore springfield
    \

2. zap

zap TS Member

UP

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What are you using it for? Target shooting? Competition? Hunting? Just for fun? Smokeless powder? Blackpowder?

4. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I have a Ruger #1 with an octagonal barrel in Win 50/110. Would think about selling. Nice gun. If interested I will get some photos for you.

Now-I shoot Shiloah guns a bunch. Take the advice of one who has been there DO NOT BUY a .45 larget than 45/90. The 45/110 (I have one) costs much more for brass and they are FINICKY. Look at the black powder shoot results and you will see that cartridges that stay around 1200 to 1300 fps win everything. That is because of wind drift at distances. These big slow bullets do not act like modern bullets at speed. The only reason I would say go to a 45/90 is that 45/70 brass is rolled to 45/90 length, is not too expensive and you can seat the bullet to 45/70 levels WITH ALL the grease groves covered so hunting bullets are easier to keep clean while carrying them around. This is a world unlike any other in shooting sports and you will love or hate it. There is no middle ground!
    If I can help more, give me a number and I will call you.

5. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

I have a Remington rolling block that has re-barreledfrom a 43 spanish to a 34 inch1/2 round and 1/2 octagon. It is set up for 525 grain lead bullets, mid range sights $1000 if intrested. thanks Ronnie Ballman 270/828-3898

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.