1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB English Setter

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by mcneeley5, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

0   0   0

Gents, I would like to find a started young English Setter male or female. Under two years old or so. Please let me know if anyone might have a dog or know of a good kennel to work with. Thanks, Mike 520 820-4910

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

What state? And are you willing to travel to pick up a pup?

3. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

0   0   0

I live in AZ but am traveling to MN the first week of March or so. I will route my trip accordinaly to find a dog. Thanks, Mike

4. B-Rod

B-Rod Member

0   0   0

What are you looking for in regards to style? Field trial dog, NBHA, or NSTA or just a grouse dog also are you mostly a foot hunter or horseman. I know of several pros that have dogs of various ages. Bill R.

5. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

0   0   0

Years ago I kept a kennel of setters for guiding wild AZ quail hunts. The dogs were field trial culls as we hunt this rugged country on foot. Now a bit older I want a combo bird hunter and companion, I like setters.

6. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

0   0   0

I know Dale well, I sold him many targets over the years! Thanks.

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

0   0   0

There are a few breeders which are the usuall places to look for a quality dog. You can try Sun Canyon in your home state. You can also call also Terry Tuley in Waco Texas. I have a couple of dogs from his breeding program, both of whom are excellent. In fact, I bred them and got a terrific pup who will be 2 years old in April and may be one of the best Setters I ever had. Time will tell.

You can also try Berg Bros. My hunting buddy has one of his Setters who is now 9 years old and is still a non-stop bird finder.

I previously got all my pups from Burnt Creek Setters in North Dakota but Jim Marti is now retired.

PM me if you would like contact info on any of these people or on others breeders I have dealt with or know well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.