1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wtb electric heated gloves

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

do any of you have experience with electric battery powered gloves. i need a good pair for extreme cold predator hunting. thanks

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Check with a motorcycle dealer or online vendor of motorcycling accessories - heated gloves (powered by 9-volt batteries or the bike's battery) are a popular item this time of the year.

Ed

3. ccridr

ccridr Member

I have electric gloves for winter riding. They are powered by the bikes 12 volt battery. They are bulky because of the heating wires that run through them. If you are going to be stationary while hunting, they would work if you take along a 12 volt battery. I would look long and hard at good hand warmers before I spent the money for the gloves.
    Colby

4. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

I have a pair of cold weather electric Harley gloves. I paid $80 at a clearance price, they normally go for $150. Too much money just for hunting. Plus, you need to carry along the battery. So, I would look into good handwarmers. Steve

5. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Reminds me of a time when I had an uncle that wanted to energize his battery powered coverhauls with 110 electricity. He honestly wired them up so he could work in his shop and not have to start a fire in the stove out there. When he put them on he said,"they're getting warm, they are getting warm, they are getting hot, they are getting hot! Then he hit the end of the electric cord that he'd wired these coverhauls into and started to strip them off. There were black burn marks in the pattern of the wiring of the coverhauls on his long johns.:)My Dad and his little brother were too busy falling down laughing to help their big brother in his time of need to get those flaming coverhauls off his *ss,. For many years that was a story to help get those long winter evenings over in a hurry. Just go get the best gloves you can find and don't worry about getting cold, you will get your blood flowing when you are walking out to your site and you won't get cold. Dan :)

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

101-99

That sounds like a story that happened to me when I was a young Rooster at the age of 13.

Well I decided to heat up an acetylene ballon with a match and the out come was 10 day's in the hospital with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree burns on me.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/family%20photos/?action=view&current=tn_foghorn0638_jpg.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Even my own grand maw didn't reconize me when she came to visit and she went back to the nurse's station and said little Foggy is not in that room but they said yes he is but we can't clean the black Sutt of him yet because the skin will roll of with it.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/TV%20Stars/?action=view&current=buckwheat1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

So it was a couple of days later before I was pink looking again with the new fresh skinn.

Foggy

7. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Foggy, Sorry you got hurt, But I would have paid good money to watch you do that.

Jim

8. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Snyder......In case you don't find your gloves, my girlfriend is 42 Double D and she's willing to travel!

9. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Foggy.....that was classic indeed! Laughing me bloody arse off!

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

Hipster ... you should see a doctor if your bleeding from your arse.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buy a strap on hand warmer with fleese (like the old womens muffs), you can slide your hands into both sides. Put a couple of Chem packs in for heat. You won't even need gloves. I've used this system in -10 below duck hunting, many times.

12. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Smsnyder, I have a pair of electric socks that work off one c cell battery in each sock. I'll send them to you and you can wear them on your hands. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.