1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Early model Ljutic Monogun w/flat rib

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by GR8Guns, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GR8Guns

GR8Guns TS Member

0   0   0

Retired recently from the Army after a 30 year stint and I am looking for a project.

Looking to purchase an early model (made in the 60s), low serial numbered, flat rib Ljutic mono gun. Would also like an unaltered fixed full choke with the rings.

Prefer low SN#....single or two digit but will consider low three digit SN#.

Not looking for an engraved Ljutic.

Will consider any condition.

If you know of anyone out there who has an older model Ljutic mono gun for sale have them contact me.

Thanks,
    Bruce Elliott
    Iowa

2. GR8Guns

GR8Guns TS Member

0   0   0

3. GR8Guns

GR8Guns TS Member

0   0   0

4. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

0   0   0

Doug at Shotgun Specialties has #199

Tony Fortino

5. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

0   0   0

Actually I have 199.....GaryL.

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

0   0   0

"Mar 17, 1978 - The Treasury Department moved Thursday to require firearms makers to stamp a unique serial number on weapons and to take related steps to make it easier to trace guns used in crimes."

Prior to this requirement, Al would stamp any number requested on a gun. I knew the lady travel agent who owned Monogun #747.

7. GR8Guns

GR8Guns TS Member

0   0   0

Gary L,
    Doug told me he sold # 199 to someone just a few weeks back.

Sounds like it's in great shape.

8. energy101

energy101 TS Member

0   0   0

I understand targetshotguns.com, Bob Shultz, has one in stock but you have to contact him. It's not listed on his website.
    Bob

9. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

0   0   0

Slug Bug , how do you like it??

10. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

SE. numbers can be the same but different .

ALfermann has a se. number 4 and a se. number four.

I seen both three or four times in a year or two and have not in the last ten

11. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

0   0   0

Tony...I took it out of the box and shot 49/50. I'm replacing the stock with a PFS, other than that it's just like new. Nice gun. GaryL.

12. GR8Guns

GR8Guns TS Member

0   0   0

13. GR8Guns

GR8Guns TS Member

0   0   0

14. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I have a 21xx serial number with a standard rib. I am helping a friend who quit shooting sale his gun. The gun had been gone thru and reblued just before he got it. It is a 34" barrel, rings are in the barrel. Barrel has been ported. The wood is a set of beautiful wood off of a 38xx serial number gun. Gun is in exellent shape. If you have an interest contact me at the above email and I will send you some pictures. Thanks.

Jerry Nickell

15. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

0   0   0

The Cabela's store in LaVista, Ne; had #165 a while back.
    Still has the rings, and I don't think it's been messed with, except it is replacement not checkered wood. Flat rib. 34" Full Choke.
    Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

16. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

0   0   0

GR8Guns, the best Mono's Ljutic ever made were s/n's 800 thru 1200. If you find one of those it may be ugly, but it'll still be tight.

Buz

17. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Tom Smith has one for sale that he bought from me. His cell # is 419-260-0065. I don't know what he's asking.

18. GR8Guns

GR8Guns TS Member

0   0   0

Wanted to thank everyone for the good leads, tips and advice during the last few months in my search for an early model Ljutic.

Finally came across a nice Ljutic Mono w/flat rib recently (#119) in unaltered condition. Gun is in fairly decent shape but I plan to send it back Ljutic and let Jimmy and the Ljutic Team work their magic

Gun was built in the 60s and came with 2 barrels, 1 barrel is a "jug choke" with the wad rings and is for 16 yard. The other barrel is full and still has the wad rings.

Nadine Ljutic explained that is was not all that uncommon for some folks to order a Ljutic back in the 60s with 2 barrels since choke tubes and the installation of choke tubes were almost non-existent then.

Some guys like to find old cars and restore them. Considering where been I've and the things I've seen and lived through this was something I just wanted to do.

More to follow, I hope to post some photos from time to time with some updates as this project comes along.

Bruce Elliott
    Iowa

19. Maxey Brantley

Maxey Brantley Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Bruce - you need to stick with skeet!
    Maxey

20. Maxey Brantley

Maxey Brantley Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0