1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB DT-10 SPARE TRIGGER

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Bucko43, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Anyone have a trigger for sale?

Thanks,

Kevin

2. Bucko43

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Nobody?

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

No offense, but why do you need/want a spare trigger group?

I've been shooting one for ten years or so and the mains have been perfect (I have two spare sets - they take about five minutes to change out - just never needed to).

Only other issue you might run into is a trigger re-set spring - need about two minutes to change one of these.

Mike Battista (Silver Dollar) can get you a new one at a fair price - not a big price diference for a new versus a used one...

That or call Coles and order up some spare parts (they'll know which ones you might need).

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

0   0   0

HSLDS... you are lucky. A fellow shooter used to say the same thing till a sear failed in his DT10 and stopped him cold.

T

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

TBaber,

Boy, I'm shocked to hear that - the sears are rather robust in the DT-10...

Never said I wasn't lucky. I've had five Beretta O/U guns and never had an issue with a single one of them...

That being said, I am in Milan at least three times per year - so less than an hour from 'the mother land' for parts.

6. Bucko43

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

HSLDS,

Shooting doubles at Redlands last Saturday and suddenly my trigger refused to operate. Took it home and sure enough a little $6 sear spring broke a leg off and stopped me dead in my tracks. The gun will not re-set when a sear spring breaks. It was quite frustrating to be half way through the round and have one break. You don't swap out sear springs in five minutes even if I had a spare one. I could have swapped out the trigger (if I had one) and finished the round. That's why I'm looking for one.

Thanks,

Kevin

7. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

Hi-Grade has one.

8. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Kevin,

Do you mean the helical spring that returns the trigger to the forward position after each shot (the trigger return spring)??

That's the one I was talking about - with the right drift pin it takes about two minute to change one out.

I keep spares with me in my shooting bag (which admittedly I often leave in the truck when I shoot).

Emergency fix is to switch barrels - make whichever one has the broken spring the second barrel to fire and you can shoot doubles.

David

NOTE - I have been calling it a trigger re-set spring - turns out it is the sear re-set spring - my apologies... This is the small helical spring that broke for Kevin (and I suspect what broke for the friend of TBarber as well).

9. Bucko43

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

This is the Sear Spring that broke. It took me a while to find it, because I didn't know what had broken. But I suspect I could possibly replace it in 5 minutes if I had a spare sitting in my gun case. Probably easier to swap out the trigger if I had a spare one.
    [​IMG]

10. Baber

Baber TS Member

0   0   0

Never go anywhere without a spare trigger for my Perazzi. The same needs to be said about DT10's and and 11

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.