1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB doubles gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbohio, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbohio

jbohio Member

WTB Doubles gun by feb 1 ,, not intersted in any autos,, skb, p or k guns...

needs to have the following.

1. quality single or double release
    2. 32" barrels
    3. soft touch or pfs stock
    4. adjustable or high rib

Please respond to jpbohio@aol.com with what you have along with it's cond,extras and price, JB

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

By eliminating the "P" and "K" guns, you are knocking yourself out of great triggers, easily found stocks like you want, and long term durability and reliability.

OTOH, if you are not interested in these guns, get a Browning or Beretta. I have had better results with the Browning. Less recoil and better fit.

3. jbohio

jbohio Member

Shooting coach, any p or k guns in the same price range as the browning/berettas? JB

4. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Up for John.
    Don

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

John, you might find a veteran M-32 Krieghoff or an older and well used Perazzi for a brand spanking new Browning. Then, the Rem. 3200 can be had for even less yet and if you pay much attention, you'll wonder at how few doubles squads don't have at least one 3200 on it....breakemall....Bob Dodd

6. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

7. jbohio

jbohio Member

Thanks for the bumps and info,,, a couple of candidates so far ,, I would like more before I buy.... thanks JB

8. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

find a nice 32" Browning Belgium Superposed with mechanical triggers....beatifully made and they're usually underpriced IMHO and you can shoot any load you want for your first shot and not have to worry about setting the second trigger...

9. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

I have a belgian browning broadway trap for sale 32" custom choked by skeets for doubles shooting, soft adjustable comb and adjustable butt by hisim. Release/pull trigger, changeable,great doubles gun. $1,600 plus shipping.
    Tom

10. jbohio

jbohio Member

still need a couple more to look at....

11. Shooting Coach

Dear Don

Funny you should mention the Cynergy. I had the misfortune to shoot one. I was so surprised by the way it shot and handled, I bought a 30" Sporter for a backup and to have a gun I would fly with.

This is the darndest gun I have shot recently. Right out of the box, I shot some tall scores on the ATA, Bunker, and Skeet field with only one choke change!
    The first time on the range felt as though I had shot it for months. Mine shoots a little better than 60/40, my preferred POI.

My primary tournament arm is a high grade K-80, but the Cynergy shoots just as well for me. It fits me as though it were fitted to me. It feels like the '80 with the Unsingle barrel, which is very lively.

I have decided it will be my primary Bunker gun, and I don't feel at any disadvantage shooting ATA dubs or singles with it. This weekend, if my trap buds want to shoot caps, I will rev it up on the 25 yard line and give a report.

At first sight, the Cynergy does not look like a Browning, but once it is examined, mounted, and shot, it is ALL BROWNING. They have hit a home fun with this smokepole. It doesn't kick much, either! ;^)

I am going to be on the lookout for an Unsingle barrel for mine as well. This will be the ultimate backup combo.

Actually, I bought two to get a price break. I will let the extra one go this spring.

12. rdf59

rdf59 Member

don q

I don't know if it was a dream or reality, but I swear I saw a Cynergy with an unsingle barrel on the internet in some remote spot.

I will keep looking and let you know if I stumble on it again.

13. rdf59

rdf59 Member

don q

I guess my knowledge of this remote site --- Able's ---- caused me to miss your point. The unsingle combo is not rare, but I guess it is fairly new.

You question was for the barrel, not the combo. Sorry.

I would try the same approach as with Caesar Guerini or Beretta. Call Browning and ask them if they would fit an unsingle barrel to your Cynergy. Who knows? They might do it for an arm and a leg.

Maybe calling Able's first might help and see if they have any suggestions.

14. jbohio

jbohio Member

Got then Jim ,, thanks... how about anyone who has one with 2 out of the 3 things I want,, maybe if the price is right ?????? JB

15. Shooting Coach

I shot the Cynergy at Skeet, ATA dubs and caps this weekend. I was amazed at how well it shot and how fast I became accustomed to it.

I loaded some rare (for me) 1 1/8 oz 3 dram loads and revved it up at the 27. It shot like a dedicated trap gun! Recoil was very light. I shot a 95 the first time I took it to the back yard. We had freezing rain and a COLD north wind coming in today that played hob with the birds. Browning has done their homework on this gun.

It was very nimble at ATA dubs. I also shot a 50 straight on that other field (skeet) Saturday.

Don't let the looks fool you. Once you shoot it, it looks pretty darned good.

I have shot around 1000 rounds through the Cynergy. It is a KEEPER. It was bought as a backup, but it has me thinking about making it a primary tournament arm is at least one discipline.

16. jbohio

jbohio Member

17. Shooting Coach

The Cynergy, at this point, has the same comb hardware as the Citori.

The lockup looks a LOT like the Kolar.

I imagine slow acceptance due to looks is hurting the gun. To remedy this, Browning is coming out with "Classic" designs, which have traditional stocks and recoil pads. The Classic Cynergy's are truly handsome firearms.

The "pogo stick" recoil pad works so well, it is no longer ugly to me. It is ruthlessly efficient at shedding recoil. It has even allowed me to shoot standard three dram trap loads, which have made me flinch for a number of years.

18. jbohio

jbohio Member

up,,, and adding skb if they have all 3,,,,,,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.