1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB DILLON SQUARE DEAL

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by gdbabin, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

I'm in the market for a used Dillon Square deal in good shape preferably set-up to load .45ACP.

Edit.. I stated Sq Deal, but any Dillon would be of interest.

Does anybody out there have one they don't use anymore?

Guy Babin

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

PM sent with contact info Dave.

Thanks

3. craby boy

craby boy TS Member

0   0   0

I Just emailed you my 12/18/09 posting for Sale of a Dillion Square Deal Press,

Thanks
    Pete Archibald

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

Dave,

I sent a reply Email last night to answer yours and have sent you a PM this morning. Lets talk.

Pete,

Thanks for the info and I took a look at your posting. As you can tell, I'm working on a deal with Dave which will hopefully work out. If for some reason it dosen't, I'll be in contact.

Thank you both,

Guy B.

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

Both of the above bites don't seem to be working out.

Still in the market and looking.

Thanks,

Guy

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

Why are you looking for a SDB instead of the 550? The 550 might cost a bit more now, but down the line it will MUCH more flexible with what you can do with it. I own the 650 and love it.

7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

VPR80,

I'd consider a 550. I am looking to save a few bucks though if I can as I'm new to reloading and just getting set-up for both shot shells and brass.

I'm just now finishing getting everything I need for the shot shell set-up and want to get what's needed to reload rounds for my new 1911 that's on the way.

It seems that I can't go wrong with a Dillon, even the SD, and figure if I eventually want to move up it'll retain much of its value for resale.

Often it's hard for me to be patient (and frugal) when I want something... I'm gonna try this time and see if I can find a good deal. It looks like I screwed myself out of a good deal above by making a counter offer that caused the seller to go with someone else instead of coming back to me.

Guy B.

8. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

The thing with the reloader is that you will have it for a very long time, presumably, so I just think that the little bit saved now will not be worth it when you find that SDB is not doing it for you. I spent a ton on my 650 when I got it and I don't regret a single penny because it works like a charm and has paid for itself many times over. I would be thinking longer term and pony up for a 550 since that machine has the normal thread dies, can load any caliber you want, and can be upgraded for an almost full 650 (except the auto indexing).

9. avery53

avery53 Member

0   0   0

I have 2 SDB's, and love them.
    I prefer them for loading pistol cartridges. I like the auto-indexing.
    If you plan on loading a lot of rifle, then the 550 is the way to go.
    JMO
    avery

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If you own more that one caliber guns...then pony up for a 550! The money that you save on dies will more than make up the difference!

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

0   0   0

SDB bought from Ebay. I really appreciate the input from those who've provided sage advice.

I may very well live to regret not getting a 550 or better Dillon. Time will tell, and I will accept the "told u so's" from those of you who did.

I messed up with my first opportunity on one with a counter offer I made here. Where I come from that's expected. I can't blame someone for going to a buyer willing to pay a higher price, but would have appreciated an opportunity to either retract my counter or pass... water under the bridge without malice. Another case of detached communication. Nothing like eye ball to eye ball and a hand shake.

Guy B.

12. dverna

dverna Active Member

0   0   0

You will regret it.

To make things a bit easier for you.

DO NOT use CCI primers.

Don Verna

13. rebelace

rebelace TS Member

0   0   0

if it means anything i sent a privete message and didnt even get a answer
    from sts1100 i quess some people are just rude

14. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

Doh!...I am just going to come out with a pre-emptive "I Told You So!"

Just kidding, enjoy it!

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

0   0   0

You will likely get a 550 Dillon in the future. Then you will have the ideal set up; a dedicated pistol reloading machine and the "big" one for less used stuff. Great, "ya done good"...best of both worlds potentially.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.