1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wtb digital scale

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by luckyshot, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckyshot

luckyshot TS Member

0   0   0

looking for a used digital reloading scale. or, has anyone used one of those small jewelers scale you can buy for under 20 bucks? got a pistol loading press on the way, and im gonna need one to get it set up with my recipe.thanks tim

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

0   0   0

Tim, I've got two digital scales specifically made for the loading duties. My favorite is the Dillon that has a number of years on it but still my choice. The other is a Pact that is well known and respected by the shooting fraternity on this forum. The Pact hasn't had but 1 or 2 hours of use but does date back a couple of years which shouldn't make a whit of difference. The Pact was somewhere in the $130 range when purchased and I'd gladly send it to you for $80, shipping on me. If this isn't what you're looking for, please let me know promptly

I'll gladly sell it to the first to come up with the check if Tim turns it down.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

3. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

0   0   0

Tim, I recently helped a friend get started in reloading. He bought a scale like the one you mention in your thread, please don't buy it. Buy the one Bob Dodd is offering. I also have a PACT and recently upgraded to the Lyman DPS III system. The quality (and I suspect accuracy) of the cheapy scales is marginal at best. Reloading is a great hobby, but to be done safely requires that you use quality equipment. While there are areas you can cut costs, I am not sure that the device you are going to rely on to ensure your powder charges are correct is one.

Just my unsolicited two cents.

4. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Dont skimp on the scales.... get Bob's

5. luckyshot

luckyshot TS Member

0   0   0

Bob, pm sent. tim

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

0   0   0

Gotcha!

7. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

0   0   0

Definitely--don't scimp on quality of digital scales. I've gone through numerous mediocre digital scales and the beam scale I still rely on for absolute measuring.

8. luckyshot

luckyshot TS Member

0   0   0

Bob pm sent... i will take it. tim

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

0   0   0

Tim's agreed to send the moola so unless there's a dilemma, my Pact is sold. If this deal fails for some reason, Jerry, I'll let you know first and get it on the threads if necessary.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.