1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB, Daro style 1100, RH

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by backfenceata, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. backfenceata

backfenceata TS Member

I am interested in an exact copy of Daro's tricked out 1100, but in a right hand model. Thanks, Kirk

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

An "exact copy" would not be a right hand model?

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Kirk, E-mail me and I will get you in touch with daro as he may have one. He usally has one set up. Jeff at sx1jeff@yahoo.com

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You can't, Temmie (triggers) is retired.

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

There are lots of new Timmney triggers for sale as Wrights took over Allans business. Jeff

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Daro's 1100s had a high rib built by Roger Eubanks and a Jack West stock. Daro said he liked to start with a Field stock and then raise the comb to fit the high rib as this would give more drop at the heel. I didn't understand why a pad adjuster would not work the same way for added heel drop ??

7. shot410ga

SuperXJeff: They are not made by the old man himself (Allan Temmnie). I was once in his shop and he showed me a box with maybe 20 triggers in it from Daro Handy. He also made my first releasse for a 680. There must have been over 500 triggers in his shot that day. Mostly 1100's.

8. backfenceata

backfenceata TS Member

Jeff, you have mail. Thanks , Kirk

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Hi Kirk, It didn't go through. Sx1jeff@yahoo.com or superxtrap@netzero.net

Jeff

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I don't know how you can say that they were not built by Allan as when Allan went into the nursing home Wrights got all of Allans's old stock and parts to sell what he had left for Allan? Wrights certainly didn't build them. Wrights is selling what is left of Allan Timmneys's all steel remington 1100 triggers. When they are gone then the triggers will be gone. Still lots of used ones that are like new even when the supply of New OLD stock is gone from Wrights. Jeff

11. shot410ga

SuperXJeff. Maybe so. I just know the old man worked on all of Handy's triggers, and only the old man. If there are any left, buy them, but then, of course, who is going to fix them.

12. backfenceata

backfenceata TS Member

Jeff, sorry that I missed your call. I left my shop # on the machine. Please try me again , when you get time. Thanks, Kirk

13. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Hi Kirk,

I've got what you are looking for. I've won championships in MD,CA, NC and DE state shoots with the set up you are looking for. The gun is for sale and I would love to tell you of my successes and accomplishments with this gun. I have about 7 200s and have maintained a AA to AAA average. You can check my averages to verify in ATA book with this gun. John Kirksey of MD, 88-00198. It would be easist to sell the barrel, Jack West Stock and Trigger separately without the reciever if you would be interested in doing so. The stock is painted a nice marbelized Remington green. It feels like wood and has very little recoil. Barrel is set up just like Daro's even down to the .042 choke, bore is .747. You can contact pricing at Trapmanjohn@aol.com

Thanks,

John Kirksey
    Trapmanjohn@aol.com

14. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

That's the facts Jack... Kirk... I was out all day yesterday and will be working this weekend until 4.00 or so. If you want to e-mail me your home phone( if you haven't already) I will be glad to call you this evening.

shot410ga

You are correct in that no triggers that were built like Daro's will ever be built again... Thre very reason he no longer shoots an 1100 is the fact that even he can't get them due to the way they were tricked out. I thought you were saying Timmney triggers in general. Daro's triggers were something else and had to be shot to be understood. I would pay large sums of cash( as would Daro!!) to get triggers just like the ones that Allan used to trick out for Daro. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.