1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB damaged Perazzi bbls!!!

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Socko124, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Socko124

Socko124 TS Member

0   0   0

I am looking for Perazzi mx8, or mx12 style monoblocks. I am not necessarily interested in barrels in really good shape unless they are very reasonably priced. This would be a good opportunity to get rid of an old barrel you have with a bad bulge, or split, or really loose ribs, or a blowout. I am really looking for guns with the top rib intact, but you never know. Let me know if y'all have anything you may have that fits this description and perhaps we can make a deal. I am mainly looking for o/u bbls, and their components (ribs, forfend lugs, monoblocks, side ribs etc... ). Just let me know what you have.
    -John

2. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

0   0   0

Why? Will you be piecing together your own version of Perazzi barrels and selling them? If so will you warn the buyers that they are out of your basement creations and Perazzi only in name alone?

You are also asking for other damaged name brand barrels in another thread. Perhaps I'm missing something, but for some reason I'm thinking of scam artists that buy wrecked cars, piece the unblemished parts togther, and then sell the assembled vehicle without letting the buyer know that it is a Frankenstein model, assembled by novice.

Perhaps my imagination is limited, but I can't think of a legitimate use for the junk you are requesting. I don't want to unknowingly buy a Perazzi barrel you've pieced together in your basement, nor do I want one repaired with parts someone has acquired at a junkyard.

Hopefully I'm wrong and you're not going to be a source of crap to devalue the Perrazi, and other high end vendor's, reputations...

3. Socko124

Socko124 TS Member

0   0   0

Well, first off, I dont have a basement, nor would I misrepresent anything I sell if I intended to sell any of these back to someone. I don't see how it is any of your business what I do. Perhaps you should spend some more time learning about barrels, or used cars for that matter, so you can determine what is the genuine article, or some "junk pieced together in a basement" insteaded of reading Internet threads and falsely accusing people of forgery.
    You have your hobbies and I have mine, I do not appreciate being accused of being a scam artist, and would thank you not to do so again.

4. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

0   0   0

Again, why do you want them? You never answered what ultimately happens to your projects. At some point I can't imagine them NOT entering the marketplace as used Perazzi barrels - with a buyer downstream not realizing they were assembled from junked barrels by a poser. Essentially devaluing the Perazzi name and the value of my Perazzis and every other Perazzi owner's.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it...

Don't like my comments, then please feel free to enlighten me and the other readers on the public forum. Don't like my comments, then take out a paid ad instead of soliciting junk on a discussion forum.

If I had a piece of junk, I'd love to have a buyer for it - on the other hand, if I bought a used Perazzi barrel, I'd like to know it wasn't assembled by some guy as a hobby in his basement/garage/den/workshop...

I've bought and sold many Perazzi barrels and I've never seen any advertiused as "assembled by Socko". So where do you sell/resell your products?

If it's a legitimate enterprise you're proud of, please feel free to direct me to your site, or happy customer base - as all the other reputable sellers on this forum do.

It's great to be a buyer now, but then you're going to be a seller...

5. Socko124

Socko124 TS Member

0   0   0

You are one nosey assh*le. If you must know, I am actually a professional gunsmith, I don't produce anything that is junk. I also have no intention of selling any barrels I have built, or that I intend to build in the future unless someone requests it. I am playing with different bore sizes, barrel lengths, and rib configurations in my own shooting. I doubt you actually know anything about sleeving a monoblock, or laying ribs, but anything with that done will generally eliminate any manufacturer's proof marks on the barrels so you would know if a barrel was a genuine Perazzi, or something else. That is, of course assuming you know how to do anything besides harass people in an online forum. Again, I don't see how this is any of your concern since you are a barrel expert after seeing a Perazzi once, or reading about them on this forum, or whatever your claim to fame is. You have been smoking some good stuff if you think someone making a barrel out of a monoblock is going to devalue the Perazzi name. Especially, you being the expert here you think you are, should be able to tell the difference. When you modify a barrel with backboring, long forcing cones, etc, it is no longer how Perazzi intended it to be it the first place. Why does it bother you so much if someone wants to modify barrels? Or are you just trying to be the big man hiding behind a screen name to regulate things on this forum? Quit harassing me.

6. WWB

WWB Member

0   0   0

John {Socko 124]

I have a friend who is not computer literate at all & he found out about your request--he then asked if I'd write you and give you the following information.

His name is Jerrie White--a much respected gunsmith here in the west, and he has a set of MX8 O/U barrels that blew up??? or at least were damaged ???

Jerrie can be reached at the following number:

Home 1-970-484-4784

Work 1-970-493-0871

By calling him you could get all the infor needed on these bbls.

Geeeeeeeez John--what the hell did you do to that stumblebum who has picked you as his latest victim!!!!!!! In my opinion he is exactly what is wrong with this country today!

There you have it. Thanks

Bill {ROTTENLUCKWILLIE]

7. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

0   0   0

Harass? It's a public "Discussion" forum bud...

I've no doubt you consider youself a 'gunsmith', otherwise you wouldn't have wanted the barrels. What I was curious about was what you were going to do with the barrels, and whether you were reputable enough to 'come out' and let the public know who was buying damaged Perazzi stuff and repairing /selling barrels built from Perazzi junk.

Was really curious if you marked you creations so that a downstream buyer knew what they were getting. I think you've been quite clear in your answers.

Sounded like the potential for a scam from the get go, still does...

Thanks!

8. Socko124

Socko124 TS Member

0   0   0

I don't have to explain myself to you, whether you want to believe me or not, which obviously you don't listen to anything I say so you are wasting my time. Get a life.

What the hell is it you want from me? You have already ruined my post with pure speculation about what you think I am doing, but I still don't see how it is any of your concern. What the hell do you actually want? Mr scam analysis expert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.