1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB combo. SKB or Browning

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by plott hound, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plott hound

plott hound TS Member

Im looking for a unsingle combo, with a choke system. Looking toward SKB or Browning but am open to other good ideas. Thanks Don

2. plott hound

plott hound TS Member

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Indiana Gun Club has several SKB's listed for sale. They have both new and used. There address is indianagunclub.com. Steve and Phil are two very standup guys and will treat you right. Myself and several other posters on this site have done business with them without any regrets. If you aren't trading anything they will work with you on the prices listed on their website. They are open Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun and will ship to your ffl. Enjoy and give them a try!

ec90t

4. plott hound

plott hound TS Member

Any good used guns out there?

5. plott hound

plott hound TS Member

6. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Plott, you can go either way! Both guns are more than capable in breaking the target. You just need to find the one that you can shoot the best!

Rick

7. plott hound

plott hound TS Member

8. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

Just bought a browning unsingle at the winter grand in florida. Like the gun but think the adjustable comb is a piece of crap.If I had to do it over again, I would buy the monte carlo stock and have adjustable comb put on after.

9. 100minus1

100minus1 TS Member

If you have the money, buy the browning unsingle combo. I had an skb and it was a great gun but now I own the browning and it is much nicer and will probably last longer than the skb where maintenance is concerned. Trapshooter421 is right abouth the adjustable comb hardward on the browning. It is not very strong and the comb tends to slip down unless you tork the stink out of it and/or place washers under it so it stays in place. Also, the rod that goes thru the pad and stock makes it difficult or impossible for a smith to place any kind of adjustable pad system onto it. Get a monte carlo and have the comb done afterwards. Good luck in your search. Ben

10. jrmb

jrmb TS Member

Search google, gunbroker or gunsamerica for a Winchester Diamond Grade 101 unsingle combo. I've seem them 34/32 o/u and 32/30 o/u, the only bitch i have is the o/u barrel is fixed full top and choke tubes lower, fine for doubles but if I want to shoot skeet or sporting clays I would like both w/tubes. But besides that they are very nice combo's for not much money compared to others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.