1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Colt Ace 22 cal handgun or Ace Conversion kit

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by shotgunner, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Looking for a Colt Ace 22 caliber handgun . Must be in high 97% plus condition. Please include description and photos.

Also looking for a Colt Ace 22 conversion kit.
    Thanks

Joe

2. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Good for collecting but bad for shooting.

Are you looking to actually shoot with the pistol/conversion?

4. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Wolfram

I do want an accurate setup......what would you recommend for a conversion on a series 80 frame ?

Thanks

5. jm9x23

jm9x23 Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I think the Marvel #1 is the best kit. Also Advantage arms sells a nice one that will work with the slide stop.

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Shotgunner,

There are several brands of conversion units on the market these days with many sight options. I would look at the Advantage products as well as STI and Ciener. I have an older Ceiner with fixed sights that seems to spend more time installed on one of my 1911s than it does in the storage box. (I use it a lot) Accuracy is good - not target quality like a S&W 41 or a High Standard but very good. Functioning of my Ciener unit is also very good with CCI mini mags and Federal coppper plated HV ammo.

These units will fit any 1911 frame, the .38 supers and 9 mms usually need to have the ejector pulled but the .45 acp guns are good to go. Series 70 series 80, military etc all work.

The original Colt Ace pistol is a a high buck collectors piece that has a horribly complex and flawed design that centers around a floating chamber. Too much thinking on that one. The modern day conversion units are simple blowback designs which are ultra simple as they should be.

7. jm9x23

jm9x23 Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

The marvel #1 kit will put 5 shots at 50yds that you can cover with a dime. They give you the test target to prove it. The Tactical soulutions kit is like the Marvel #1. One is aluminum and the other is steel. Both are way better than any of the Ciener kits( who also makes them for all the companies; Kimber, Colt, STI, etc)

8. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Jm9x23

What ammo do you find works best in your Marvel #1 unit ?

Do you have the long slide and metal magazines ?

Thanks all
    Joe

9. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Bought a Marvel #1 conversion kit. Thanks for the recommendation. joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
22 cal conversion kit for a colt 45 cal pistol
colt ace 22 conversion kit