1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: CLAMP ON RIB

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cimmaronkid, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

I know these haven't been made for several years, but was hoping that someone had one gathering dust that they wanted to get rid of. It is going on a Rem 1100 and would take either a 28" or 30" length.
    Pat

2. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

cimmaronkid:

You are probably looking for the ones that Timmely use to sell im pretty sure that is were I bought 3 of them from for the 870 competion models back in the mid 1980's I do know 1 guy the has one he took off the 870 the next time I see him I will ask if he will sell it they was pretty inexpensive back then but im sure now days they would be higher if they could be found.

Foghorn

4. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

Foghorn, Appreciate the help. See if he will sell it and how much. Thanks.
    Pat

5. ftlupton

ftlupton TS Member

Pretty sure the original idea and ribs were done by Jerrie White in Colorado. I have one on my 1100 as we speak and quite a few Colo shooters have them. Maybe somebody will respond with a sale price. Mine ain't goin nowhere but there are more out there somewhere. He marketed them in the late 70's I think.
    ftlupton

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

ftlupton

Ok you said Jerrie marketed them in the late 70's maybe that is the same ones that Timmely had ok might had spelled it wrong but around the mid 80's I bought 3 of them and there was 3 different heights of them I know the highest rib didn't cost no more than 70.00 but think it was around 60.00 at the top's.

Al used to do the all stell triggers for the remingtons.

cimmaronkid
    I bet this it the one you was talking about and I will email you when i see him if he wants to sell it or not I had his email address before my hard drive crash but if I find it i will email him because it will be quicker.

Foghorn

7. ftlupton

ftlupton TS Member

not sure foghorn, great idea no matter who started them. I think Jerrie told me that several others copied his idea. I do know there was a picture of his in Trap & Field on a Super X in the 70's cause I bought the Super X. Anyway, if I hear of any for sale I'll post it. Shoot good and take care.
    ftlupton

8. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

Took Walenda's advice and found his home phone in Sierra Vista and called and visited for about 30 minutes. Robert is headed out of town on business this week, but I am going down week after to meet him and see if he has one or two that will fit a couple of my guns and to look at his two corvette race cars. One puts about 750 hp to the rears. Robert told me that someone made these for him and then packed up and left the country without telling him where he was going. He had no permant supply, so that is why he quit selling them. I also found out that he did and might do adjustable combs using polished brass to cover the exposed wood where the cut was made. All in all, a marvelous conversation. I can't wait to meet him.

Thanks again for all the help in tracking him down. Hope to return the favor someday.

Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.