1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Chokes Beretta Mobil/Franchi Alcione

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JDinTX, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

Have another thread posted for Franchi chokes, but have learned Beretta Mobil will work also. One cannot edit the thread title so I posted a new thread. Drop X's if e-mail. Thanks JD

2. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

JD....what were you looking for?? I think I have some mobilchokes laying around (12ga.) And...if you can use them you can have them. I think they are all 12 ga. Let me know and I will check for you...........Uncle Sam, Pa.

3. yodes

yodes TS Member

Which Franchi do you have? I believe most of the Franchi sporting guns, like my SL over/under, are overbored (.730) in comparison to the Beretta mobil choke (usually .723), but the threading is the same. My 20 gauge Franchi is threaded/bored the same as the Beretta. The 12 gauge mobil chokes will work/fit in the overbore sporting guns, but your constriction will be about 7 or 8 thousands different than you think you are working with, I believe.

The regular Franchi's (hunting guns) are most likely the same as the Beretta's. I can't check Franchi's web site from work, but that may have the answers you are looking for. Hope this helps more than it confuses.

Steve

4. yodes

yodes TS Member

This is something I found on Trulock Choke tubes web site, it should have the answer:

Franchi 12 gauge: Except Sporting SL O/U [current production with trapezoidal threads] interchanges with Trulock’s Beretta/Benelli style.

Franchi 20 gauge: interchanges with Trulock’s Benelli style

Franchi 28 gauge: interchanges with Trulock’s Beretta 28 gauge.

Franchi Sporting SL O/U: Some if not all of these come with .732 (18.66mm) bores. Uses an odd bore Beretta/Benelli style choke. This interchanges with Trulock’s Franchi Big Bore style chokes.

Steve

5. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

The Is Franchi Alcione made in 2004. A person on another forum had a pic a FR. Choke and a Mobil choke and they seemed to be indentical. I don't have a caliper but I am thinking that this gun is not overbored and will use the mobil chokes. Thanks to all. JD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
extended choke tubes for franchi alcione

franchi alcione choke tubes

franchi alcione what style choke tube

franchi choke tubes are they beretta mobil

franchi instinct choke mobilchoke same
what choke system does a franchi alcione t have
what choke system does franchi intensity take
what choke tubes fit franchi intensity