1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Chambermates 12 to 20,28,.410

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

BigBore, got some whys behind that dont. I was thinking of getting some also. Please give some details.

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Way to big of a pain in the ass to use very often. Going from 12ga to 410 really make the shell ineffective.

If you want to subgauge your gun, buy full length tubes. This way you wont be throwing your money away.

ec90t

3. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Rey:

Try this:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0018838225728a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=chambermates&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=chambermates&noImage=0

Regards,

Berettaman7

4. weagle

weagle Member

I bought a used set off Ebay for about $175. Mine are 12 to 20 and work great in my gun. I can't really tell any difference in breaking clays other than the lighter recoil. If you buy them used via ebay there's basically no way you will lose any money as you can always turn around and sell them on ebay for close to the same money should you decide you don't like them.

Seminole states that you should only use win AA, remington STS or similar shells, but mine work great with remington gun club ammo. The winchester and Federal promo loads will stick in the tube and pull it out of the chamber when ejecting.

I wish they made a 16 to 20 version, but they say there's not enough room to make the extractor cut in the tube.

good luck,
    Don

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Seminole Chambermates, or Briley Sidekick sub-gauge "shortie" tubes, both have integral extractors that work in conjunction with your gun's extractors. These products work fine, if, like me, you're not a "serious" skeet shooter.

I have a set of the Seminole Chambermates in 12-to-20 and a set of the Briley Sidekicks in 12-to-28. Both work as advertized. I use them regularly for skeet league (I'm not a registered skeet shooter.) Other than recoil, I can't differentiate my scores among the three gauges. I shoot all equally well (or poorly, depending upon your standpoint.) A couple of nights ago, I shot 47 out of 50 with the 20 gauge set.

I use the 28 gauge tubes in my company skeet league because it's a handicapped league, and I get a bigger handicap for using a smaller gauge.

I have not tried any of the 12-to-.410 shortie tubes, but I have heard some folks say they seem to occasionally have weak sounding loads, even with factory shells.

There is some truth to the warning that you need to use premium shells with these tube sets.

Top Gun shells and Gun Club shells would not extract in my 20 gauge Chambermates, so I have been using Winchester AA's. Both factory AA's and my reloaded AA's work fine.

In the 28 gauge Sidekicks, Rio shells would not extract, but I had good luck with AA's, STS's, and Federal's. Estate 28 gauge shells have the same hulls as the Federal's do. My reloads with Federal and Estate hulls work fine, also.

Honestly, though, if I were a serious skeet shooter, I would probably opt for full length tubes.

Your mileage may vary.

Tim

6. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

Funny how ec90t claims the chambermates aren't any good. Just yesterday, a shooter was high score in all 3 subgages using chambermates at my club's sporting clays shoot yesterday. Just try to convince him how bad they are.

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Little Dog,

I'm going by what I've seen in person and tried. I've never had any luck with a short subgauge tube of any sort.

I guess it is the same reason why you see a skeet gun for sale with subgauge tubes and they are allways full length. It doesn't take a rocket scientist.

ec90t

8. weagle

weagle Member

I forgot to mention that all of my 12 ga guns that I use the 12/20 chambermates in are vintage guns with extractors not auto ejectors.

One of the things I like about the chambermates is I can use them in any 12 Ga regardless of the specific bore dimension, and they don't change the handling characteristics of the gun at all.

Don

9. jls7522

jls7522 Member

I have the full set of Chambermates, I have shot the 20 and 28 extensively with great results. I have tried many brands of shells through them and as advertised they work the best with STS or AA. Other shells will work most of the time but sometimes swell and will not come out of the inserts. I am shooting these out of a Kolar gun with mechanical triggers but anticipate that with inertia triggers a person might have trouble with the tubes in .410. My Kolar gun is heavy anyway so the full length tubes were not a viable option for me. Chambermates have been discussed in detail on shotgunworld.com. Most seem to think they are great for anyone but the serious skeeters. I use mine in subgauge sporting events and couldn't be happier. Will Fennell states on shotgunworld.com that he shoots them (for free I am sure). If they are good enough for him, they are good enough for me.

I have not shot the .410 as much. The report does sound strange but the targets seem to break when I do my part. I have not shot enough to say for sure one way or the other.

10. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

www.seminolegun.com will get you a new set. Todd

11. todman2

todman2 Member

Take a look at the Rhino Stingers. I have a set and they are great. Rhino has mutiple chokes for the subgauge tubes and we know what great choke tubes and barrel work they do. Since they are longer than the Semnole Chambermates and the Briley Sidekick's you get a great pattern and don't have to worry about complete powder burn in the barrels.

12. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

The only complaint I have heard from customers is to change the O rings more often. Worn rings will reduce the performance. Premium shells work best. Omaha

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Who sells Rhino Stingers?

14. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

12-20 12-28 work great. the 12-410 give very inconsistant performance and fowl sounds. I sold my chambermates and went to the rhino stingers. They work well in all gauges/bores. rhinoguncases.com used to be their address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

20 gauge chamber adapters rhino stingers