1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**** WTB---Cargo Trailer---****

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trpshtr2001, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

I am wanting to buy a cargo trailer, probably a 7x14 up to a 8x16. Any suggestions? I understand a lot of them are built in Indiana somewhere. Any deals there?
    Thanks

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I have a new one that I would sale. It was bought new in October last year. It is 8.5 x 14 feet with the wedge nose, extra high so you do hit your head getting in and out of it, it has a ramp door and lots of other options on it.
    Don

3. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

trpshtr2001, are you in Indiana ?

Have a want myself for a 7 x 14 with dual axles only. I really like the ones with the wheels set in somewhat, looks much nicer and only give up a very small area inside. There sure are a lot of "cheap made" ones out there for the bottom dollar. Can't remember the brand but I have been looking off and on at a 7 x 14 like I want for around 5500.00 and that includes many options and upper end items only standard with upper end models.

4. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Don , you have mail

5. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

H and H trailers are made in Clarinda Iowa. I see their inventory when I go to their gun show. Wells Cargo I hear are not bad either. Omaha

6. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Thanks guys , I'll check them out.

7. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

trpshtr2001- go to a website called Cardinal Trailer Sales, (or do a search). They are the marketers for about 20 different trailer manufacturers. The website is HUGE. When I purchased my cargo trailer a couple of years ago they were the lowest price by a longshot! You can save a few hundred dollars by picking the trailer up at the manufacturer. Cardinal's located (I think) in Indiana somewhere. Most of the manufacturers are in N. Indiana, S. Michigan. If these guys don't have it, you don't need it.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

8. steele

steele TS Member

Do your research before spending your money. I found why two trailers of the same size cost $3500 & the other $5500. I use mine for business purposes, so I was a little more particular in quality. First off, make sure it has true trailer tires & wheels. Some trailers utilize car tires which WILL NOT WITHSTAND the weight & heat created by a 7000# unit. There aren't many cars that weigh 7000#. For a dual axle trailer, you must have trailer quality wheels. When turning real tight, the side drag on the tires will rip the centers out of car wheels. Make sure it has a built in battery charging system for the break-a-way unit. Some trailers require you to charge the on-board battery before usage. You want one that charges from the tow vehicle while you are driving. Check the center to center crossmember spacing on the floor & get tongue & groove flooring. Stay away from anything greater than 30" as you will get alot of flex in the floor. If you want V-nose style, you will not gain much in space. A 16'V is the same size as a 14' regular, & the aero advantage doesn't exit. Lastly, install "Beraing Buddies" on the axles. These are a pressurized grease system for your wheel bearings. About $30/set, but priceless for maintenance free wheel bearings. Stay with a brand name & stay away from Lowes. Home Depot, etc.

9. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

I have a 8.5' X 28'closed utility trailer. Ramp door, insulated, 50 amp wiring, lights, air conditioned, forward door and windows, white in color, Doolittle brand - made in Mo. 5500lb axels, lined w/plywood and never licensed or tittled 2006 mfg. $7700.00 gets it, 8000.00 gets it delivered a ways....merlyn...

10. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Thanks guys , I appreciate all your ideas, it sure helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.