1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Cardboard Boxes

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Mike Battista, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Contact the FFL that you do business with. He/she should have something you can use.
    Mike Battista

2. wylekiot

wylekiot TS Member

0   0   0

Hi Joe, Don't waste money on cardboard boxes? Waste money buying shot shells and shoot trap. I get all I want dumpster diving at local Golf Galaxy, Dicks, or any other colf outlet store. Thanks Ken

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

0   0   0

You can often find sturdy boxes at a Golf Shop. Good Luck

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Brownell's sells gun shipping boxes. They are for long guns, but can be cut down for break down stuff as well. They consist of a sturdy box with a slip over sleeve to give you double boxed protection.

Ken Rucker

5. Grant Morgenstern

Grant Morgenstern TS Member

0   0   0

Cameron Packaging in Ohio has a good selection of firearm shipping boxes. Some have layers of poly foam you can cut out to fit your piece.

I know a lot of people ship long guns in plastic or aluminum gun cases. Unless you put additional packaging inside the case the "convoluted" foam WILL NOT HOLD THE GUNS IN PLACE throughout a shipping cycle. You have to use additional packing around the gun to keep it from sliding around, and possibly through the end of the case.

When you pack your gun, just visualize it being dropped 3 feet directly on the muzzle end (every time it's picked up) and thrown like scrap lumber into a truck bed. Kinda scary, but that's exactly what happens.
    Grant Morgenstern

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

Grants correct about the handling of parcels. I was at a UPS office and watch as the packages were loaded on to various trucks.Fragile stickers dont mean anything to these folks.

7. capvan

capvan Active Member

0   0   0

Used to work for FedEx Ground. "Fragile" was a special code meaning "kick me". Seriously, the best way to ship is "box within a box". You put your item in a box, packed just like you were going to ship it. Then you put this box into another box with 3-4" of packing material on all sides. LOTS of packing material. Then it might be ok. The other secret is next or second day air. Expensive, but the less time spent in the shipping cycle, the better. I saw next day air packages that didn't even have a scuff mark on them. But they had been in our delicate hands less than 24 hrs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.