1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: Canadian Parka

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Sam Ogle, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

0   0   0

What do you Canadians wear for Parkas when it's REALLY cold; and where do you buy them?
    I need something for my car for winter, and also for being outside in below zero weather.
    Thanks,
    Sam Ogle, Lincoln, Ne

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

My son-in-law gave me his old down filled jacket from Eddie Bauer but it is so bulky that I only wear it when the outside temperature borders on ridiculous. I have a jacket with removable hood from Mark's WorkWearHouse a division of Canadian Tire that I use all winter even for downhill skiing.

3. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

0   0   0

Canada Goose is the very best you can buy. http://www.canada-goose.com/6c_mens.htm

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

0   0   0

When we travel in the winter, I want everyone in the car to have their warm jacket, pants, winter boots, mitts and head gear. Getting caught in a Blizzard when the visibility is zero is bad enough and I want all our passengers to survive the worst Mother Nature can dish out.

5. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

0   0   0

Danny;
    Thanks........Canada Goose sure looks like what I have in mind.
    Sam Ogle

6. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

0   0   0

It is not cheap Sam but it is the best. I just hope it's not to warm for your climate.

7. st8shuter

st8shuter TS Member

0   0   0

what your after is the woods ultimate parka, these are approx 5-600$
    they are the very best and are standard issue for all emergency services personel in the artic and yukon and northwest territories check out the woods website.

8. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

0   0   0

I bought one of those 'Canadian' parkas once and only put it on one time. I cinched up the drawstring for the fur trimmed hood and darn, looking out that fur trimmed opening it took me back to the moment I was born!!!! Sorry I could not help myself on this one. Bill

9. ramen39

ramen39 Member

0   0   0

Good one Bill.

10. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Bill,

That one brought tears to my eyes! I can't quit laughing! If Trapshooters.com awards a "post" of the year or decade, you just won it in my book!

Merry Christmas!

Matt Woodson

11. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks guys but I do have to give credit where it is due. I have a confession to make. It is even better. It was not me that had that thought orginally,although I have used the story over the years. It was a friend of mine from work and his Mother had bought him a fur trimmed parka for his birthday,there they all are in his Mom's living room and Mike tries on the parka and says in front of his parents, his wife and his younger sister " hey sis try this on and cinch it up, it feels just like the day you were born". True story. There does not that make an even better story? Bill OMG!

12. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Classic!

13. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

0   0   0

Wow, you guys thinks that's funny? You need to get out more.

14. Dixie Drifter

Dixie Drifter TS Member

0   0   0

Why not search the net and see who has the old N2B or N3B Military Parkas
    they were good for about -40 F couldn't beat them I had the complete set when station In Newfoundland back in the 60"s

15. twopipe

twopipe Member

0   0   0

get this if you are expecting windy days, really works well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.