1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB BT-99 for the wife

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by jack1122, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack1122

jack1122 TS Member

0   0   0

My wife has decided she want's to start shooting some trap, so now she wants me to find her a gun. The good thing is if she decides she doesn't like it I have two boys coming up on shooting age.

Wanted: BT-99 micro or something cut to fit someone small. Nothing longer than a 14" LOP. With a Gra-Coil or like unit would be nice, an adjustable butt plate is a must. With or with out adjustable stock doesn't really matter. Choke tubes preffered.

Please let me know what you have, or where I can find something like this set up and ready to go.

Thanks for your time,

Jack

jackah1122@hotmail.com

2. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jack,
    I sent you an email.

Jerry Nickell

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Jack, check your PM. jm

4. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Ihad this information stored on my computer and I hate to type.

The little BT 99 that I have is the best starter gun that I have ever seen. I wanted a gun that was a true trap gun to start my boy with and I could not find a BT 99 Micro Plus at the time. I was at the Grand American and bought a 2 barrel set BT 99. It has several advantages over BT 99 Micro Plus , which I also have. It is lighter and easier to move than the BT 99 Micro Plus ( which is a very heavy gun for kids). The stock that came with the gun was pretty bad and I replaced it and had an adjustable comb put on the stock. Also, you will see from my description, that you can easily increase LOP with thicker pads. I will send you a picture in a separate mailing. Cost is $1,500.00. I also have a Browning case that comes with the gun, which holds both barrels. My friend likes to fix things up and he re-did the case. I don't type so well and here is some information that I saved the last time someone asked me about the gun. As the kids get bigger , you have the longer heavier barrel. All the custom work was done by Briley

I did some measuring of the gun. The stock , as you can see has a length of pull of 12 15/16 inches with a thin pad of ~1/2 inches. The 29 5/8 inch barrel comes with 5 choke tubes: Skeet, Light Mod., Mod., Imp. Mod., Full. The 29 5/8 inch barrel was ported, back bored, forcing cones, new bead after Briley cut off the barrel to make the gun lighter. This barrel was all done by Briley.
    The 32 inch barrel is a fixed full choke with 40 thousandths (Bore .725, choke .685)of choke. It has Seitz type porting. I would rate the bluing on the Barrels as excellent and the receiver as good. I had forgotten that I had an adjustable comb put on the stock. Like I said, this is a great gun to start with and would allow a youngster to transition to a longer , heavier barrel when they can handle it.
    If you want to call, I will be up for another hour (11:30 EST).

Charlie Becknell
    Lexington, KY
    859-259-1662
    859-509-5152 cell

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

I have a new nickel bt99 32" for $900. I'll get pics today

6. below 0

below 0 TS Member

0   0   0

If you can get a BT-99 for the Wife...That's a pretty good trade....Odie

7. jack1122

jack1122 TS Member

0   0   0

Found one thanks for all those who e mailed. I actually bought two...
    Thanks,
    Jack

8. drucker

drucker TS Member

0   0   0

Want to sell one for a young shooter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.