1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB - Browning ST-100 barrel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 90292, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 90292

90292 TS Member

I am looking for an extra set of barrel for a Browning ST-100 shotgun.
    I know that ST-100 is pretty rare, and they is no way I can find one off an existing gun.

On the other hand, MGW used to sell them in white for about $500 a pair.

By the time I found my ST-100 a month ago, MGW told me they were sold out.
    So I wonder if the person who purchased it from MWG is reading this ?
    Please let me know if you no longer require the barrel.

I would like to tighten the chokes slightly for those fast bunker birds.
    I have a choice of sending them to get some very thin choke.... or look for a pair of those F/F white barrels.

Thanks for reading this.

Benjamin
    XXXshadowcove@ca.rr.comXXX

2. bigben

bigben Active Member

Ben, I sold my ST-100 recently to a friend and mine was fine for bunker shooting, check yours with a good bore gauge, mine was choked 29 and 39 thou, plenty for anything, if you reload your options are wide open as to trying different recipes that are more user-friendly, incinerate em!

3. 90292

90292 TS Member

Big Ben,

Thanks for the info. A gentleman checked for me last weekend.
    Unfortunately, my ST-100 was 22 / 30 thou. May be someone opened it up for live bird. The 22/30 thou could be good if I am quick enough.... I do want to get a set of blank so that I can have a 29 / 39 thou without choke.

I do reload. I am using win 209, WIN AA hull, pink 12SL wads, 19.4G of clay and 7/8 ounce of recliam currently. I do have Nitro hulls. Do you have any suggestion on how I should change my load?

Benjamin

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine sent his to Briley some years ago and had them backbore the barrels, lengthn the forcing cones and install thinwall chokes for sporting clays.....they did a nice job and he's been very successful with the gun. I had an idea of having a 34" unsingle made for it but the costs were past prohibitive once you figured in the price of new forend iron.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

comxxx bunker