1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Browning Four Barrel Sporting Set

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by deadpair51, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadpair51

deadpair51 Member

0   0   0

A friend of mine is searching for a Browning four barrel Sporting set. He wants 30 inch barrels with all gauges having screw in chokes. Does any one know of someone selling such a set ? Thanks Jim

2. deadpair51

deadpair51 Member

0   0   0

Pat,There is a guy in my gun club that has the four gauge set, he claims that Browning makes a limited number of these sets every year .They seem to be like hens teeth so I am giving this post a try . Jim

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I have never seen a set-

why dont you call browning? it might be one of those that a dealer like GU or Jaquas had made

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Check with Ozark Guns. They show one on this link.

ss

5. deadpair51

deadpair51 Member

0   0   0

Thank you ss ,I just sent them an email. Jim

6. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

0   0   0

Click on the above link:

[​IMG]

7. deadpair51

deadpair51 Member

0   0   0

They appear to be sold out ,Thanks anyway , Jim

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Jim, Yes Browning made ONE LIMITED RUN of these 525 shotguns.Like 4 years ago. They came in both 3 barrel and 4 barrel sets. I believe the 3 barrel had a slightly bigger run. I believe only 50 4 barrel sets were made with only a few dealers selling them. There more than likely a few new sets floating around as they did not sell well. At over $8,000 it is no wonder. SKB made 3 barrel sets only. Browning has a run of 28 inch barrels in grade I and in VII as well. These sets all have choke tubes as well. All the old sets Browning made have fixed SK/SK chokes. You still have the option of sending gun to Briley and have them install a full set of full lenth tubes. This is what I have done. If you buy the 525 4 barrel set, plan on keeping it a very long time. You may never get your money out of that gun at the price they want. The extra weight of the tube sets out over your barrels will help you keep the gun swinging anyway. All the Skeeters have gone to tube sets,very few shoot 4 barrel sets anymore, for this reason. Works the same in Sporting Clays as well. Keep your gun swinging, Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff
    Brileys # is l-800-331-5718 ask for Gary Singer (less than 1,800 dollars for Ultamate Ultralights). There BEST SET in all 3 gauges.

9. deadpair51

deadpair51 Member

0   0   0

Since you mentioned Briley,I had a very bad experiance with them about 15 years ago ,they installed screw in chokes in a 12ga Browning Grade 3 ,which by the way was a four barrel skeet set. Before sending the gun off to them for the work I had posted some very respectable scores with that gun in both skeet and sporting clays . When I got it back the gun shot high left , about two feet out at 30 to 35 yards . I discovered this at the patterning board after my shooting with that gun went into the tank. Longer story short they jerked me around for a long time ,I ended up selling the set and never dealing with Briley again and would repete my story among my many shooting friends over all these years. And again here today. Briley su*ks. I think I highjacked my own thread ,sorry .

10. andybull

andybull Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Hey deadpair51:

So Briley is a piece of S--t because they did you wrong. What do you think you did when you sold your imperfect gun to someone?

Just a thought.

11. deadpair51

deadpair51 Member

0   0   0

Hey Andybull, for your information I sold the gun to a friend of mine who was a skeet shooter ,I sold it at a reduced price , he shot an 1100 for the 12 gauge he was told about the Brily screw up on the 12 gauge barrel . The other barrels shot fine. But thank you for your concern......Just a thought.... A.H .

12. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Used set, 28 inch barrels:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=149713315
    New set, 28 inch barrels:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=150061850

I don't think I've seen them in 30 inch barrels.

13. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Jim, Sorry to hear that you had a bad experence with Briley. I have heard of a few. Nobody is perfect. Some guns just should not be choked. Metal to thin and or to hard. But some want to try it anyway. Bottom line, get it done by Kolar. Its a no brainer. Only other game in town, unless you got over 8 grand to spend on a BROWNING. Not Me!!! Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

14. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

here's one for sale
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=149723084

15. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

0   0   0

They have (or did very recently) this 525 set just as pictured by "YRS Racer" above at Schantz Shooters Supply in Otsego, Michigan ---- phone number (269) 694-2057. I saw it there quite recently and they usually have pretty good prices.

Gregg

16. deadpair51

deadpair51 Member

0   0   0

Thank you headhunter ,I sent them an email . Jim

17. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I hope you find what you are looking for. That one seemed nice..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning 4 barrel set with 30 inch barrels

browning 525 sporting shotgun 4 barrel set