1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Browning Abolt 300 ultra mag -wanted

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by acss, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

dont know if my first thread got posted- so here it is again-- i have a very good employee looking for a browning abolt 300 ultra mag rifle- i told him we'd help with the search! wally riebesell 660-744-4115 mvalley@rpt.coop

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

These guns tend to be light, so make sure you get one with the BOSS system, or your employee will get a concussion shooting that caliber!!

My A Bolt 375 weighed 7 1/4 lbs. To say shooting it was a "surprise" is an understatement! LOL

3. acss

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

he seems to think that the browning has less recoil?! i will mention about the "boos"-- of course i said if it was that good of gun -why did they stop sellimg them? he is headstrong on getting a browning.

4. acss

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

ttt thanks for suggestions so far- he's set on a browning!! happy new year

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I have a winchester model 70 ( very rare) in 300 Rem Ultra mag -

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

You will have a great rifle. Make sure he gets one with the BOSS. Non BOSS Brownings generally will shoot around 1/2 MOA. BOSS guns can shoot under .3 MOA.

This assumes precision rifle loading techniques.

He may have better luck with the 300 Win Mag. Less recoil, a lot less powder and better component choices. Nearly the same trajectory within normal game ranges.

The 300 Win Mag has been a winner for many years. He can even get a heavy barrel rifle that will give stunning accuracy and 243 recoil. It can push a 190 gr Match or hunting bullet at or near 3200 fps.

If one needs more power than this, he is likely going to Africa or Mars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.