1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Browning 325

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by jm1079, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Would like to purchase a Browning 325 o/u 12 gauge with the lightweight 32 inch fixed choked barrels. I believe this was known as the european version. PM is best way to contact me. Thanks. JM

2. brownk80

brownk80 Member

0   0   0

I have a 325 and have been told time and again that mine is the heavy barreled, choke tubed "American" version. When speaking with Browning several years ago I asked about "American" vs. "European" and was told that they only made one version. Don't know about fixed choke models but I would be surprised as it was built as a sporting clays gun which would normally have chokes.

Good luck and let us know if the above is incorrect.

Brownk80

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I had one of these guns in the early 90s. It had 32 inch barrels that were not backbored and had Invector (not Plus) chokes. Unfortunately, I got carried away with the backbored barrels craze at that time that I traded it in for a 32 inch 325 with invector plus chokes. I believe this version of the 325 was imported by British Sporting Arms in New York state. JM

4. brownk80

brownk80 Member

0   0   0

I wasn't aware of that. I got mine in the early 90's as well. As a matter of fact it was a prize at the California State Shoot and they had just come out. Browning told me that they only produced one versioin of the gun and that had porting and Inv+ chokes as mine does. I had heard that they originally built the gun for the UK market and then brought it into the US. Does British Sporting Arms still exist? If they do I would like to call them and find out once and for all just what the truth is. This discussion comes up every 3-4 years and I am always amazed at the information that pops up.

Brownk80

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Yes they do. Google British Sporting arms and talk to Charles. JM

6. 5141

5141 Member

0   0   0

They did indeed make a 32" fixed choke IC/IM 325 Sporter.....I have had two of them,bought one in the UK in '91 and the second from Charles Schnible at British Sporting...

After the Week end Charles had in Georgia last week he probably won't bother to answer the phone at the Store....

7. brownk80

brownk80 Member

0   0   0

jm1079

Thanks for the info, I will call them just to get information. 5141 are the barrels different thichness? I was told the "european version" had thinner barrel walls because "european" shooters liked quicker guns. The guy that told me that is considered by many who know him to be full of s... most of the time but very creative if given an opportunity and a little factual information.

Thanks,

Brownk80

8. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

The barrel are lighter in the european version because they have thinner walls and have smaller bore diameters than the american version with the backbored barrels and invector plus bores. JM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

325 browning european 32 inch

browning 325 european
browning european sporter 325