1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Browning 325 or 425

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Sevin, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Sevin

Sevin TS Member

0   0   0

I am looking for a browning 325, but will buy a 425. My problem is my oldest son has been shooting a Browning 325 for about 4 years, I bought it used and the stock is starting to crack, multiple places and pieces missing. Its bad, and one gun smith was calling for a replacement, as opposed to fixing it. The trigger pull also has an issue and is harder or easier to pull depending on some unknown mechanical problem. He shoots International Trap, primarily, and has done very well. I can't afford a Perazzi for trap and he really likes his Browning. His current gun is 30 inch barrels with BIP ( Browning Invector Plus chokes) ported. I think it is a pretty common configuration. I am on a budget, like all of us. Although his gun does not have an adjustable comb, that would be a welcome feature. I am trying to do this as inexpensively as possible. My name is Sandy (I am his Mom) and I would also appreciate any advice also on how to fix or replace his current stock. Thanks for your help!

2. missemucho

missemucho Member

0   0   0

Go to Browning.com and figure out when the gun was made; then go to midwestgunworks.com. They have a variety of stocks for Browning.
    John

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

0   0   0

The trigger problem is likely just a "needing to be cleaned and properly re-lubed" issue. Either Midwest Gun Works or Arts Gun Shop should be able to set everything to rights for a lot less than the cost of a good used gun and then it would be freshly gone through. Could be a good opportunity to freshen up firing pins and springs if needed too. A good local smith should be able to do the same.

4. Sevin

Sevin TS Member

0   0   0

you guys have helped alot, the info was very useful, and we still would like to get a gun so we have a back up. My son competes enough that a back-up gun is required. Thanks for all your help, and advise.

5. missemucho

missemucho Member

0   0   0

Did you try the "search"? There's a 325 that was still on sale as of 6/26.
    John

6. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

There is a 425 listed on Gunbroker. JM