1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: Bolt action 410 shotgun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mike Battista, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Have a Pioneer (Gamble Stores Incorporated) Model 28 bolt in .410. Not pretty but it shoots.
    Mike Battista

2. SCTPdad

SCTPdad TS Member

Mike,
    I looked at your web site and couldn't find the listing you mentioned. Is there some way you could post a picture of the 410 on this thread?

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

look at this one
    Mike Battista

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Yep, that would be a stevens 59 just a different name on it. Had one when I was a just a youngster. They made one with a walnut stock also. I think it was a model 39.

Jim

5. SCTPdad

SCTPdad TS Member

Thanks Jim...I called Mike yesterday. I am still in the market for another one though, so any additional replies would be greatly appreciated.

6. SCTPdad

SCTPdad TS Member

up....

7. SCTPdad

SCTPdad TS Member

up....

8. oldcop

oldcop Member

I find this thread interesting because my first shotgun was a J.C. Higgins Model 10125 .410 from Sears which was obviously a Stevens Model 59. They evidently made shotguns for a number of department stores under propriatary names. I got the old gun for my 13th birthday in 1955, and still have it. I remember that the pin that held the magazine tube cap in place was a little too short which allowed it to slip out of the bayonet slot in the magazine sleeve and jam up. I had to continually knock it back down after a shot to reseat it and keep it from coming out as the one in the photo has. Maybe some day I will get around to putting in a longer pin before I give it to one of my grandsons!

It would be nice to hear your interest in these old timers, SCTPdad. Nostalgia like me, I suppose since you are also a former owner?

Take this as a long-winded bump.. :)

Jim

9. Ron23in

Ron23in TS Member

I have been known to shoot skeet with one doubles are hard the safety is hard to get off between shots . The old vet

10. oldcop

oldcop Member

Here's a tip...disconnect the safety :)

11. oldcop

oldcop Member

I reckon it's sturdiness is why mine has lasted over 50 years..lol. You are right, in my opinion, that for a kid the bolt action gun is safer than the exposed hammer..letting the hammer down on one is tricky at best, particularly for small hands. I didn't want to hijack your thread, but it brought back great memories of simpler times when folks were a bit more civil to each other. There were things that weren't so good about the "good old days", but .22's, .410's, and good friends to enjoy them with (one of them on this forum is a childhood shooting buddy) were first class. Thank you for the opportunity to reflect a bit...

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gamble stores incorporated pioneer model 28

pioneer 410 bolt action shotgun