1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Beretta Sporting

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by valley1, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valley1

valley1 TS Member

0   0   0

Would like to purchase a Beretta 390 or Beretta 391 tricked out sporting clay gun,prefer a painted gun.
    Thank you

2. valley1

valley1 TS Member

0   0   0

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

if you give me a week- i will have a 303 sport 32" mobil chokes w/ custom wood , its gonna knock your socks off!! wally riebesell 660-744-4115

4. JPM

JPM Member

0   0   0

I just read your message on Trapshooter.com. I have a Beretta 390 Gold Sport that has been "tricked out" by Briley. This gun was originally owned by Bob Brister and I bought it from him about a year and a half before he passed away. Bob arranged for the work by Briley and I don't know exactly what was done. The gun has a Briley .733 barrel that is ported and 5 extended chokes made for that barrel. They are Cylinder, Improved Cylinder, Light Modified, Modified, and Full. They have the color coded bands on the chokes.

The gun is in excellent condition but it has a lot of shells through it. I don't have any idea how much Bob shot it but it was probably a lot. I've gone back and forth with it around a couple of Browning GTI's and a Blaser F3. I probably have shot 5000 - 7000 rounds through it over the approximately 6 years that I have owned it. I have an extra gas piston, and extra connecting rod, and extra shim for the stock adjustment, a set of Cole gas springs that I've never used, and it has a 7 ounce fore end cap weight. I replaced the recoil spring shortly after I got it. When I bought it Bob had a 391 trigger in it. Why? Because that was Bob. I replaced it with a 390 trigger that I was lead to believe was a Timney, but my gunsmith told me that he didn't think that it was a Timney. The wood is clean and in excellent condition but it is certainly not exhibition wood. The gun had nicer wood when I got it but a friend who has done me a lot of favors, a whole lot of favors, asked if I'd trade wood with him and I did.

I've enjoyed the gun but recently have caught the dreaded disease called Winchester SX 1. I've acquired three SX 1's over the past 7 months and have had a lot of fun getting two of them to the place that I want them in terms of fit and parts. So the 390 has become a closet queen and it's too nice a gun for that.

I'm asking $1100 for the gun. I live in the Houston, Texas area. I've only ever bought one gun that had to be shipped in conformance with Federal regulations so I'm not expert about that. There is an FFL in my neighborhood who will work with me. I'd expect the purchaser to pay for shipping.

My phone number is (281) 376-1564. My e-mail address is listed above. If you think that this gun would suit your needs I'd be pleased to hear from you.

I also have a Browning 325 that was Bob's and I'm going to be listing that for sale soon as well.

Cordially,
    John Matthews

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.