1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB Beretta 391 Trap Gun

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by tja, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tja

tja TS Member

0   0   0

Our son has decided he would like to upgrade to a true trap gun, so we are looking for a good used Beretta 391 Trap gun for him. He is only 11, but shot a friend's and got along very well even though it was full size. We will, of course, have to get the stock shortened and put an adjustable comb on it for him, unless someone has one already downsized that their child has outgrown! We are hoping to find a used one without investing as much as a new one costs! He is shooting trap in 4-H and at local clubs, as well as us having fun at home - just getting into competitions. If you have one you are willing to part with, please let me know! Thank you!

2. Golden Beebe

Golden Beebe TS Member

0   0   0

you have mail...

3. tja

tja TS Member

0   0   0

Can anyone offer opinion/advice on differences between 390's and 391's?

4. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Sent you a e mail on a 391

Buddy

5. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

0   0   0

They are almost the same, however they have differnt gas system's. The 390 gas spring comes off with the barrel, the 391 you need a spanner wrench to take apart to clean. The 390 has wide forearm and will not interchange with 391. The trigger's will switch, however the housing on the 391 is plastic and the 390 is some type of a alloy. I have both and shot 1,000's on shell threw both. Great gun's TOO BAD there service's suck's like it does, guess you can not have everything.

6. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Put him into a 3901 RL with a 28" barrel. Gun is made for a younger shooter. It has a 12" LOP with two 1/2" spacers to make it longer as he grows. stock has an adj comb on it. $925.00. I can put a full length parallel comb on gun if you like.
    MIke Battista
    727 410 5212

7. scottclu

scottclu TS Member

0   0   0

I have two guns and three sets of wood with various LOP. Let me know if you're still interested.

8. tja

tja TS Member

0   0   0

Wow..we are getting lots of options for Cam to choose from! With regards to a 3901, is there any advantage/disadvantage to getting a 3901, which I realize is already sized down, as opposed to a 391 and shortening the stock? There are so many options, and we just aren't sure which would be the best way to for him! Some people say definitely a 391, some say a 390, etc. I had originally looked at the 3901, then got onto the 391? Getting confused!! Any thoughts????

9. Dodgeram

Dodgeram TS Member

0   0   0

I have a Beretta 391 Urika, 30" barrel, RL(reduced length stock), ans 5 optima chokes with factory blue case that is only about 3 years old. It comes factory with couple differnt thickness recoils pads so you can adjust the lenth pull as needed. My son was 12 when he started to shoot this gun and it fit him very well. The gun patterns great and is very good shape. He only shot it year and now shoots a SKB combo. I'm asking $800.00 plus shipping to your FFL dealer.

Doug

10. tja

tja TS Member

0   0   0

Very nice! Is the barrel ported?? Is this an actual trap model, or is it a field or sporting clay model? Txs!

11. Dodgeram

Dodgeram TS Member

0   0   0

It's not ported and is a parallel trap model. I will send you a PM.

12. tja

tja TS Member

0   0   0

Well, thanks to all of you who have emailed pics and advice on the 391. A big thanks to Wally at Rockport..he let Cam shoot a 303 and handle a reduced length 391 last night..we learned both are just too heavy for him with a 30" barrel. So, now I guess we are revising our plans and looking for a 3901 RL Target as Mike suggested. So glad we were able to find this out before buying a gun!! Again, many, many thanks to all!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.