1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: BERETTA 3901 RL

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by jty, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jty

jty Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

LOOKING FOR AUTO WITH PARALLEL TARGET STOCK FOR MY DAUGHTER. LOP 12"-12.5" ANY SUGGESTIONS?

2. build4u

build4u Member

0   0   0

I found a 3901 RL for my children when I was buying them 391 20 gauge youth guns. At 7 and 9 they were not ready for the weight of the 12s. I heard the model was discontinued so I bought the one my local store had and found another from Mike at Silver Dollar. I thought they were a heck of a gun to grow into for the money. Butt plate spacers,and adjustable comb were standard, stock shims were not. I thought it was a great concept and would have skipped the 20 ga. if they were a little older. They are safe queens for a little longer.

The original model had a polished blue barrel with a mid bead, and Italian made barrels. The later model had a matte barrel with a narrow rib just matte on top, no serrations or mid bead. The barrel on that version was made in Turkey and stamped as such and most of them made the forearm very tight to the barrel having to force it on some. I changed the barrel out on the second gun. I found a third one for my friends son and left the made in Turkey barrel on it and just installed a mid bead. It shoots fine. The Italian barrel gun came in a blue typical Beretta box, the Turkey barrel gun in a very plain white box. The model numbers are slightly different. I can get them off the box if you want.

Graco makes a very nice replacement comb hardware kit that I put in as well I did not like the factory harware, I wanted to have different comb spacers so they could add them for trap and take them back out for skeet and sporting.
    I thought it was a great concept and would have skipped the 20 ga. if they were a little older. They are safe queens for a little longer. You might post a WTB and find one.

3. jty

jty Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

IF ITS NOT A PROBLEM, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE #'S ON YOUR GUNS,MIGHT HELP TO NARROW MY SEARCH.

4. build4u

build4u Member

0   0   0

The first one I bought was in the Blue box was labeled: J390Y16, 3901 TARGET RL. The second one I bought and the one we found for my friends son as well with the barrel made in Turkey were, SPEC 0532A 3901 RL, 12/28/MC3 wood. They came in 26 and 28 inch barrel versions. I bought them a year ago last Christmas. The stocks were set up identical, the Blue Box version had a beautiful piece of wood. Both guns had an oil finish on the stocks. The last two we found were at Silver Dollar and Great Lakes Sporting Arms. Good luck with your search. David

5. build4u

build4u Member

0   0   0

There is one on gunbroker listed as 3901 youth. It looks like the matte barrel. Shows it is new.

6. jty

jty Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INFO...

7. John Spangler

John Spangler TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

8. jty

jty Member

Rating - 100%