1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB ALLEM'S K80 UNSINGLE ADJ RIB ON PERAZZI M

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hardrite, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardrite

hardrite Member

Maybe I should rephrase the question.

A while back Allem's made a hand full of barrels using the K80, 34", unsingle, adjustable rib, barrel and a Perazzi mono block.

1.) Does anyone have one for sale?

2.) Has anyone ever seen one? So basicaly it looks like a K80 unsingle on a Perazzi receiver. Allem's claim they made about 100, and if so you would think some one on this site would have seen one.

Thank you very much,

2. hairy

hairy TS Member

Leigh Edwards from Minnesota used to have one. Looked nicely done.

3. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Yes I have seen them. I shoot with John Allem now & then,sometimes at Leesport and also Fleetwood gun clubs. He and his son's made them and also made the k-80 unsingle in the higher rib configuration to match the vandalia o/u barrels. I just asked him 2 weeks ago if he would make more.I would buy one in a minute.He just smiled and said that was a labor of love.He told me they made 50 for the k-80 high rib( higher than standard k-80 unsingles at that time), not sure how many of the p-guns were made.His son John also has a strange made rib on his gun.Not sure if his is a K gun or P gun.One of a kind.It's nice when you have the equipment,time,and money to make those things-wish I had one.

4. hardrite

hardrite Member

Thanks Hairy, and Crab,
    I think if they made a lot of them we would see a whole lot more.

And the problem that one might have making one today, is that today I dont think Perazzi or Krieghoff are as apt to sell parts and pieces, (mono blocks, barrels) separately as they were in the past.

So now in order to make one bbl you have to burn two.

thanks

5. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Talk to John Allem,he has everything needed but the time to do it. Labor of love, remember? Perhaps the right amount of money would sway him.You'll need to ask him.If I see him in the next two weeks I will talk to him about it again.

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Crab, you beat me up pretty bad (50 straight to my paltry 49) with your K-80 at Shartlesville last weekend. Maybe you should stick with what works!!

7. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

I talked with John Allem today @ Leesport Gun Club & told him about this post.He said he made 50 for the p-guns and he said a few for the k-80's. I asked him if he had any,he said no.I asked if he would make you one,he just smiled and said NO.He then added,there is no reason to make them anymore since they now make the adj rib barrels for the p-guns and there was no need to try & compete with them.He only made his own when the adj rib barrels didn't exist for the p-guns.Thats all the conversation we had time for, he was leaving and I was up next to shoot.

crab

8. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Olliedog if it makes you feel any better the wheels fell off today, shot a 42, & 46. No 50 today Andy-see ya soon somewhere & I'll bring the PB.

9. hardrite

hardrite Member

Thanks Crab,

I appreciate all your help. It must be great to be able to shoot with a guy like John Allem. Keep my email address handy and if he has a change of heart let me know.

thanks

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Allems introduced those barrels at the Grand in 1990 or 1991. They also made similar ribs for Krieghoff Model 32s, where they would change an O/U barrel into a 34" unsingle with a K-80-style adjustable rib the same height as a Vandalia Rib O/U barrel for combo owners who wanted an unsingle.

There were four of them around here, three Kreighoffs and one Perazzi. None of the four shooters kept them long because, as I recall, the ribs were aluminum and the barrels felt a lot lighter than the gun's O/U barrels (all four were combos). The ribs also bent a lot easier and it was almost impossible to get a bent one straight again without the repair being visible.

Ed

11. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

ED, I had an aluminum rib version of the k-80,took it to John Allem and he said he made steel.The aluminum version was original krieghoff and Dieter confirmed it.There were both floating around at the same time.Need a magnet to check.Steel are worth much more.You're right with someone who shoots 100 % high and putting that much stress on the aluminum rib they would bend.

12. oleolliedawg

Very little adjustment in the aluminum rib barrels doomed them. One line above zero and the rib would flex instead of the barrel. Not one of krieghoff's brightest inventions!!

13. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Where will you be this sunday Andy ?
    Still Have the PB.

14. oleolliedawg

Strausstown on Sat.!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

allem perazzi to k-80 barrells

how to ajust the rib on a k80 unsingle