1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wtb alfermann

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

looking to buy alfermann. must be 100% impact and right hand. fix choke only. must have release trigger. I will trade like new Ljutic super handicap # 12/25. extra release trigger. i am a serious buyer. Could not get together with vendor at grand. thanks

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Earl you will like the Alfermann. I had four of them .

KEYBEAR

3. jrb

jrb Member

Larry and Gary are good guys! The transaction will be made easier by going thru Merlyns Trap Guns(the dealer for Alfermanns). He will be able to take the gun in on trade. merlynsguns@yahoo.com

J. R. Brock

4. jrb

jrb Member

He also has some used ones...

5. smsnyder

used ones are going for $5000 to $6000.00 unaltered and in mint condition. most vendors wanted to much. i may buy a new one unless i get a good price on an unaltered gun. they are not holding value at this time. probably due to the limited amount of guns being made.

6. jrb

jrb Member

At the Shoot offs on Saturday nite of the Missouri State Shoot...Larry and Gary were sitting around like proud parents watching all of the guns in the shoot offs. Average shooter or not....I dont see their value being low like you said....or maybe Merlyn is just that good!!!

J. R.

7. smsnyder

bought #249 from bob schultz. just what i wanted. thanks guys

8. smsnyder

most higher end gunsmith give the alfermann high marks . all said quality was outstanding. jerry phillips from silver seitz give high grades to the alfermann. Jerry is a class act.

9. smsnyder

shot the alfermann tonight. i can honestly say it is one of the finest guns i have ever shot and the quality is outstanding. i have owned 4 perazzis 5 ljutics, 1 silver seitz, 1 krieghoff , 1 kolar and 1 kolar custom. the alfermann gun is a winner. thanks folks

10. smsnyder

The gun is a little heavy but well balanced . No recoil because of weight. The gun swings and points nice. I like the trigger. Super fast. The trigger will help because of the speed of trigger. I tend to short shoot the angles because of my lack of upper body movement. Now all i need to do is touch target and its dust.( You must be on the target with this gun and no room for error.) The hammer only moves about 3/8 inch . Huge difference between kolar and ljutic triggers . Very nice trapgun and good looking. Quality is as good as siver seitz. The alfermann boys are super nice. I meet both of them at the grand. This is not a magic gun but it may improve my shooting. Time will tell. Good shooting.

11. smsnyder

i think its about 9lbs.

12. smsnyder

the trigger(LOCKTIME) is very fast and if your not on the target in the angles at 16 yards you will short shoot the target. This is a great handicap gun were angles are not so extreme. I find that the fast lock time cuts down on lead in handicap targets but you must still be on target. look at it this way, the kolar and ljutic have to move about an inch or more to hit firing pin. The alfermann moves 3/8 inch.. Believe me there is a difference. maybe the Alfermann boys can tell us more. Ha, guys were are you?

13. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

I own number 59. My gun weighs a little over 8 pounds. I would say the weight is just rite. I couldn't ask for a better gun and craftsmanship. In regard to holding value I'd have to say better than most custom guns from what I have seen.

14. smsnyder

how many alfermann have been made so far. anyone know?

15. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Emai; me at the above and I can send you pictures of the #172 gun. My brother in law has it for sale it is unaltered with the exception of Rods installing a gooey pad on it. It has extra fancy english walnut I beleive. It also shoots 95% high. It shoots much higher than this for me. I am unsure if he would take a trade but I will check for you. where are you located? How high does the Ljutic shoot? Thanks and email if you are interested.

Jerry Nickell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.