1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB/Advice 28ga reload components

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by dolphin77, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Getting started reloading 28 ga.....I have Alliant ClayDot Powder and Cheddite primers...Will they work? Need any other components anyone might like to sale and save me a little...hulls, wads, etc...Thanks, WC

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

WC, The powder you have is for 12 ga. and will not work with the 28 ga. You can try Alliants 20/28, or Hodgdon's Universal Clays powder. These are the two most used types of powder for the 28 ga. Pick one type of hull you want to load and get components that will match that hull. Your Cheddites primers will work but you need to find DATA that supports it. There are much higher pressures in the two little guns and you need to be right on with your powder and shot drops, so you need to check both. Don't substitute primers from other DATA with these little hulls!!! You should be able to find lots of DATA on both of the websites to use. Alliantpowder.com or Hodgdon.com. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Also look at Longshot and Herco.. both have worked well for me and have data to go with it.. Ballistic Products has alot of data for their wads and Cheddite primers.. You might give them a call too..

4. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Thanks for info...I have about 200 Win AA new shells so I guess thats what I'll reload...would like to buy more hulls if anyone has any to sale...Thanks, WC

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

See if you can buy your hulls locally to avoid the shipping. The cost of shipping is getting the price of hulls up to where you might as well buy new shells to get your hulls. If Win still has its rebate going on I'd buy new B4 paying the shipping.

6. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Have decided to reload Rem STS 28 ga...need recipe, I have Cheddite primers... ...Thanks

7. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

8. K-Hill

K-Hill Member

0   0   0

If you are looking for hulls I have 1000 STS hulls we can make a deal on.
    Let me know.
    Thanks Murray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.