1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB action bar for STD WT 20 ga. Remington 1100

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by trw, Jul 30, 2013.

1. trw

trw Member

0   0   0

Hoping someone here either has an old one on hand from back when or knows where I might find one. This action bar needs to fit the 20 ga. 1100 that was built on the 12 ga. frames, frequently ref'd to as a 'Standard Weight'. It is NOT the same as the LT or LW.

If you can help, please send me a PM. Thank you.

2. trw

trw Member

0   0   0

Pat,

The width of the block that the bolt sits on is narrower on the 20's. It may be that I can have a 12 ga. action bar milled on either side to the correct width and get it to work. I have a feeling it will entail some anealing as well to machine as I'm pretty sure that is a hardened part. OTOH, its the back top of the action bar block that gets all the wear, so its def softer than the bolt's locking block. I honestly don't know if there are other things dif on the 20 ga. action bar from the 12's. I'll have to compare all of the other dimensions first, but I think they may be the same otherwise. Thanks for the thot!

Best, trw

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

I should have one at the store. Will look tomorrow.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

4. skrap56

skrap56 Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Trw. About 20 yrs ago I blew up a lh 20 ga 1100. I had a friend mill a 12 ga to fit and only one side needed to be cut. I still use the 20 ga every year for dove and quail. I dont think it was heat treated in any way. Steve

5. skrap56

skrap56 Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Trw. About 20 yrs ago I blew up a lh 20 ga 1100. I had a friend mill a 12 ga to fit and only one side needed to be cut. I still use the 20 ga every year for dove and quail. I dont think it was heat treated in any way. Steve