1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB a used Gracoil

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by biff, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

Looking for a used Gracoil. If you have one you don't need and want to sell it, just PM me. Thanks, Biff

2. old tex

old tex TS Member

0   0   0

Call Gary Phipps at Gracoil I expect he will accomodate you - great service and excellent products!!
    unc

3. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Biff,

I sent you a PM.

Kevin

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

old tex. Perhpas Gary is a good guy, but they do not answer emails. All I wanted was a PDF brochure on operation. Bummer dude.

5. old tex

old tex TS Member

0   0   0

MIA
    If all you wanted was a brochure why not be honest and ask for that instead of playing games??

6. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

0   0   0

MIA can you get me a brochure also, while you are at it?

7. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Tex. Geez, if my post could get more clear, you rephrase it. The reality is (IS) that some folks are still doing business the old fashioned way. Pick up the phone and call. I usually write because then the information can have a longer life span

Respectfully. Jack

8. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

Hey guys, Thanks for the info and offers. Sorry to get a riling going!

Biff

9. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

0   0   0

It mite help if some would tend to there own business.

10. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

This is the unit. It has two issues. I'll get to this Gary fellow and see if we can get a archiveable instruction sheet to put on TS.com

[​IMG]

11. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

0   0   0

Biff: I was gonna tell you I had one that I would trade for a nice hat or pogo stick!!! LOL Birdtracker

12. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

Don, Golly Gee! I may just take you up on that offer and I'll throw in a used left arm cast and a slightly used neck brace with the almost broke......IN Pogo stick. They are just great, but don't make the same mistake I did when I watched that kid on "You Tube" jump off his garage roof with his Pogo.....it doesn't work on a two story one like mine! I'm keeping my hat, it's a real head turner!! Biff

Thanks to all who responded.

13. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Took the time to understand my gracoil better. and with the exception of whether dampening adjusntment is possible, I rosolved 2 issues. And too, I tell you this regarding the operation of the unit. The first tiem I put the stock on my gun (months ago) it kicked me in the face. And that is not normal for me. I wondered about that, but rather than figure it out, I went back to my old stock. But this time when I put it on the gun I took time to do exact measurements of my loveable old stock and transferred those to the Gracoil stock and it did not batter my face. That was with reloads. But then I tried to shoot new STS gold handicaps and that became the acid test, and the system worked. I was getting some bbl jump with STS on my old stocks and now that was gone an I was able to stay in the target. We'll stay with this a while. If I get in touch with Gary (that's the plan), I'll come back to this and tell you what he says.

14. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I sent a second email to Graco and indeed thaey did respond. They id not recieve the first one and it may be that since I imbedded a piture itno the email, it go bopped by a firewall. Regardless, they seem quite happy to help me and they did shend me this Word doc and so this is a paste of that doc of Gracoil reduction system operation. Paste:

GRACOIL USE INSTRUCTIONS

It is important for the Gracoil to be adjusted to the shooter, not the load or shell size. When adjusted to the individual, the recoil will activate the Gracoil and it will respond to protect the shooter.
    Not all shooters mount or hold a gun with the same pressure to the shoulder and face. If the tension is set too light there will be more gun motion than necessary, and it could compress enough to pinch the shooter. When the tension is set too heavy, more recoil is felt. The tension should be set tight enough that the unit will not completely close, or “bottom out”.

Setting the Tension

Open the unit using a 3/32 allen wrench, insert it into the hole on the right side and loosen the set screw 2 turns, then pull the plate off exposing the center shaft. Using the same allen wrench, insert it in the hole in the shaft and turn as the arrow indicates, towards the lightest setting and replace the pad plate.
    Mount the gun as if you are about to call for a target. If the unit starts to compress, it is set too light, so remove the pad plate again and turn the center shaft 1 turn towards “Heavy”, replace the pad plate and mount the gun. Repeat this process until the unit does not compress. Do not go past this point more than ¼ turn. It is now set on the “breakover edge”, any amount of recoil will activate the Gracoil, giving quick response with a short stroke, and absorbing a greater amount of recoil for a softer shot.

Pad Plate Adjustment

The Gracoil pad plate is guided and runs on 4 teflon liners for smooth motion and lifetime wear, a small amount of oil on the guide pins occasionally will help keep it running smoothly. To adjust the pad plate for the shooter’s comfort, remove the recoil pad using the 3/32 allen wrench, then use the 1/8 allen wrench to loosen the 2 screws holding the cam locks. Both screws have a series of 6 holes for adjustment, simply move the plate to suit your comfort and retighten.

Length of Pull Adjustments

If you have a GC15LP Gracoil with length of pull adjustment, use a 7/64 allen wrench to loosen the 2 screws on the right side of the stock plate, then turn the center shaft to your desired stock length and retighten.

15. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Here is a postive email form the Graco folks. Good stuff. Paste:

JACK,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INQUIRY. I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY THE POWER PISTON, BUT IF THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE GRACOIL WE WILL HAVE YOU SEND IT TO US AND WE WILL FIX IT AT NO CHARGE.

THANKS,

LAWANNA DAMRON

GRACO CORP.
    104 WHITE OAK DR.
    GRAVETTE, AR. 72736
    (479) 787-6520
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: 'Graco Corp'
    Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 9:52 AM
    Subject: RE: I have a adj LOP recoil reduction unit

Thank you, That is mostly what I was after. One other question, can the power piston be replaced, by whom, and how much?

16. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

0   0   0

I talked to a very nice lady at Graco earlier. She said that you could puchase replacement recoil pad plates for $24 and change. Also available were the buttstock plates for $56 or $57 (for the adjustable LOP model).

When I was setting up my Gracoil, I had the tension set too loose, and it was "slapping" my face. I increased the tension to the proper level, and the "slapping" ceased. These units have more adjustments, than you may be able to use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gracoil for sale

gracoil gravette ar gary plelps

rating the gracoil shotgun system