1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB a used electronic dog collar

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mrrem3200, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrrem3200

mrrem3200 Member

I'm looking for a used electronic dog-training collar with remote.

Thanks you

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

A word of caution - do not even think of using it until you know how to use it and WHEN. Also, WHEN NOT TO. MOPre dogs have been ruined by this device than any other. It is interesting that you can train a dog faster with its proper use and completely destroy a promising dog faster as well, by its improper use.

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The Collar Clinic in Michigan sells new and refurbished e-collars but the previous advice about being very careful still applies.

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The Collar Clinic 1-800-430-2010

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Hey, I want one for when my students lift their head off the stock! :^)

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have considered using one to train my wife. Anyone have any experience on this or any other way to train a wife?

Pat Ireland

7. mrrem3200

mrrem3200 Member

Huh, I see that I have a lot to learn. My only issue, and I mean only issue with my lab is that he doesn't come on command when another dog or another person are in the area; he just want to play. It’s typically not a problem except out hunting. Frankly, I don't know how to break him of this; he seems to be very intelligent learns quickly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

8. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

Piece of cake, just remember the stimulation device is for correction and not punishment, you will do fine.

Put the collar on the lowest setting. When the dog is not watching you bump him with the collar, once he reacts call his name when he comes to you praise him. This should be done in a controlled area, the back yard or a Section in KS :eek:). This should be done several times until he get the idea you have control. You may also want to carry treats in your pocket, this is cheaper than a collar and works just as well. Once he knows you got goodies he will be must more cooperative.

I hunt Labs, they are very smart but very stuborn also.

I would not go out of the yard without the collar on my dogs.

Take care and good luck,

Jim

405-408-6525

9. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I use a Tritronics collar on my Short hair and seldom use the shock part. It also has something audio that when I push the button she comes right back and sets at heel. Just don't shock her/him unless he/she needs correcting. My dog gets excited when I break out the collar, it's hunt time. Richard

10. wareaglehunt

wareaglehunt TS Member

Where do you live?I been training labs for years and I do collar cond my dogs but the dog has to know the command cold before you use a collar.The dog needs to know that he is in controll of the pressure I he does the comand quickly enough he will not get the pesure.This is way I force fetch all my dogs first teachs them how to deal with pressure and you cant force fetch of collar cond every dog depends on the dogs temoerment.Thats why you need to know what you are doing. Do a lot of reseach vidio's.For collar cond if you want a good vidio Mike Lardy is one of the best retriever trainers in the country.His e-collar vidio is called colar conditioning with Mike Lardy.Good luck to you.

11. larry prior

larry prior Member

have used tri tronics sport 50 for 150.00

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.