1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB A New Goose Gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by richrob, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrob

richrob TS Member

I think its time to retire the 870 for an autoloader, I shoot an O/U for upland and sometimes forget to pump for that second and third shot.

Want a 3.5 chamber, synthetic or camo finish, 26 or 28 inch barrels.

Looking for Browning or Remington, but one of the B guns would be good if the price was right.

Post, PM or email what you are looking to part with. Thanks, Rich

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Shop around and you will find the Rem 10ga at a good price. I found 2, at different times, for $500. Both shooters quit goose hunting.

Doug

3. richrob

richrob TS Member

Thanks, forgot to add want a 12 ga. easier to get ammo, plus when a store was clearing out this spring I got 4 flats of 3.5 12 ga shells. -Rich

4. SR1

SR1 TS Member

I love my 11-87 super mag for geese.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I would second the vote on the BIG TEN. NOTHING will match it on geese. It is worth the extra money, and will kick less than the 12 ga cigar.

As much as one spends on hunting, the ammo is only a small part.

Your buds at the club will gobble up that 12 ga ammo.

6. richrob

richrob TS Member

I agree that the 10 is the ultimate choice, and that ammo is cheap compared to everything else, but for me the 12 makes more sense. I want to be able to use it for other things and practice with it in the occasional round of clays.

Nobody here has one for sale?

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I just bought an 11-87 Waterfowler XCS (Extreme Conditions Shotgun) yesterday.

It'll shoot shells from 2-3/4" to 3-1/2". The camo color is DU Duck Blind. It's a great looking gun and as I've been shooting 11-87's since '87, I feel it'll be as reliable if not more so than the other more expensive brands.

I hunt ducks and geese over decoys, I rarely use any shells larger than a 2-3/4", # 4, HD or Hevi-Shot....but just in case...it has the capability for larger stuff.

Curt

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

10 ga....LOL....now that's funny!!! That's on the same level as Steel Shot!

Curt

9. PerazziMX2000

PerazziMX2000 TS Member

Beretta Xtrema 2

10. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

I second the Beretta Extrema. With the knock off feature I have never shot a softer shooting shotgun and I have shot them all. Be sure to get the two as it has a larger trigger housing so you can get your finger in wearing gloves.
    Dan

11. BLKLABS

BLKLABS TS Member

Benelli SBE II

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

13. burgy

burgy TS Member

I have a Remington 11-87 SPS Magnum for sale. It's only had eight shells shot through it, has a black synthetic stock with a 28" black matte barrel, shoots 2 3/4 up to 3 1/2" magnums and comes with three choke tubes, all the books and the box. I bought it for a turkey gun but never hunted so would rather concentrate on trap doubles and would like to get it out of my safe. If interested, send me an e-mail.

14. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

I have a winchester super x2 3.5" that I would sell 26" black synthetic used not abused $500 and shipping to an FFL email me for pics and details

pumpgunner

15. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Thats an awesome price on the Super X2

16. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I've had a Browning Gold 3.5" and the Beretta Extrema II with Kick-Out. Several of my huntin buddys have the Benelli, so I've shot all three.

I have not shot the Rem or Win 3.5".

Beretta is an awesome duck and goose gun. If you can afford the Extrema, you will not regret your decision.

SW

17. richrob

richrob TS Member

Thanks for all the input guys, I have been lucy enough to shoot most of these guns through friends and not really had a problem with any of them.

In trap we talk a lot about gun fit, but when you are in a layout blind in the sleet/snow, with a thick coat, gloves, and facemask on, its slightly different.

-Rich

18. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

How about a Browning Gold 10gauge Auto. Wood stock, less than 50 rounds through the barrel. Perfect $1000.00.

19. richrob

richrob TS Member

up, in Illinois by the way. - Rich

20. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

That Browning mag 10 with the wood stock hell of a gun for geese. Ihave one and love it. Im not an expert my any means but look at your reloading manuals. The 3.5 12ga and the 10 ga 3.5" campare these. You will find that the velocities and volumes are exactly the same, but the 3.5" 12 ga will not perform like the 10 ga. Its because of the bore Dia. The same is. The 20ga 3" came out a number of years ago. This is an 11/4 the same as the 12 ga standard 11/4 oz. Same velocities and volumes, but the 12 ga will out perform the 20 without a doubt. The only thing gained is if you have to carry, the 20 ga and the 12 are lighter verses the 10 ga. But if your sitting in a blind who cares. My son had a Browning gold 12ga 3.5" and me with my 10 ga and side by side could not bring the geesedown like I could with the 10 ga. Bore Diamteter is the key. my 2 cents, by the way my son now has a browning 10 ga My 2 cents alex Kotter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.