1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 8 ga shells

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Looking for some 8 ga. shells. Have steel barrels. Bill

2. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Did you buy the Greener it was a jewel I hope you got it.
    Buddy

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Ha! The new Greener owner.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Bill, it is against ATA rules to use an 8 gauge. I know that you feel it may give you an edge, but it's highly frowned upon.

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Bill, I will see if I can spare any. Find an industry that uses a kiln gun. They are 8ga and shoot 3 1/2oz zinc slugs to knock "klinkers" off the inside of industrial kilns. They are 98% of what I load. They are loaded by Winchester and the emptys can usally be had for the asking. My source dried up or I would send you a some. I could have had a friend make me a set of crimpimg dies for a Mec but instaed I just roll crimp them.

I don't know what kind of pressure your gun can take as mine is a modern 8ga I shoot pretty stout loads. Jeff

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Tron, Even if I load down to 1.5 oz 4 dram ?

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Remington also still makes 8 gauge shells for industry. You might be able to get the hulls from precision reloading or ballistic products.

8. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

0   0   0

For new brass shells, try Rocky Mountain Cartridge LLC, of Cody WY. They make them to order, since they are turned from solid brass I don't imagine they are cheap, however they should last indefinately.

http://www.rockymountaincartridge.com/

You can have them made anyway you want with primer pockets cut for 209's or large rifle primers.

RMC also makes reloading tools for these and there is a complete instructional on their website also. It's a good read.

I got this source from a two part article on loading Brass Shotshells, from June and August 2010 Handloader Magazine Issues #266 & #267. You can order just those back issues if you like. The article was mainly geared to 12 ga shells, but the techniques will be the same for 8 ga.

I hope some of this helps you out, This sounds like a real fun project, and I hope you will keep us informed on your progress. I can almost see that thing bellering, and belching smoke and fire.

Wow! I just saw the gun! nice piece! I hope you enjoy it.

Randy

9. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Well Bill...I guess that would be acceptable. It's the noise that bothers most people, so if you load them light like that, I wouldn't see a problem.

10. eightbore

0   0   0

Bill, let us know when you get provenance information from Greener. It may be very interesting. What exactly do you want to do with the Greener? If you want to hunt with it, getting or loading ammuntion is very easy. You really don't need loading tools.

11. eightbore

0   0   0

Bill, let us know when you get provenance information from Greener. It may be very interesting. What exactly do you want to do with the Greener? If you want to hunt with it, getting or loading ammuntion is very easy. You really don't need loading tools.

12. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have some 8ga. Industrial fired hulls. 3 different colors. LMK if your interested.

13. eightbore

0   0   0

Super X Jeff, what do you use to make the industrial hulls fit your gun?

14. eightbore

0   0   0

SuperX Jeff, what do you use to resize your industrial shells to fit in your gun?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.