1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB 7mm Mauser Brass

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Alex Ragulsky, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

0   0   0

I recently acquired a sweet little Winchester Model 70 Featherweight XRT in 7mm Mauser. Unfortunately, in the Denver Metro Area, 7mm Mauser brass is about as hard to find as a good Obama idea.

As such I am asking that anyone who has some 7mm Mauser brass that they would like to sell please contact me at the above address with your quantities and price.

Respectfully,

Alex Ragulsky

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Midway has it.

Bend over.

HM

3. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

0   0   0

I have been away from rifle shooting for quite some time, however, if memory serves me correctly 7mm can be made from 8mm with very little effort. I think that you need only to neck it down and them trim it for length. I would also check the neck thickness especially if you use military brass. I am sure that others can give you much more information. Talk with someone who is current in rifle reloading.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

257 Roberts, 244 Rem, 6mm Rem, and neck up......all the same parent brass.

I don't know from 8mm, there are blueprints out there.

H<

5. 3357

3357 Member

0   0   0

If you have the older fast twist barrel it might be more cost effective to buy the 175 gr federal load and enjoy shooting deer sized game with them. I have an old Ruger 77 in 7x57 and it is all the rifle you need for medium sized game out to 200 yards. Federal brass is very reloadable.

6. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks folks! Lots of parent brass out there for necking and sizing but I was kind of trying to avoid that. Looks like I might not have much choice though.

I am planning on using the rifle for plains deer and antelope with 120-140 grain bullets and have been getting sub-one inch 3 shot groups from a bench at 100 yards.

3357, I just bought a box of the ammo you described pretty much to get the brass. Would be great in case I happened across an elk (but unlikely where I hunt at). It too shoots well and your recommendation has much merit.

FWIW a backorder with postage from Midway is $54.99 per 100 and lacking access I gave in. By the time I get it, coupled with what I have I'll probably have a lifetime of big game (and occasional coyote) ammunition.

Thanks again to all.

Respectfully,

Alex Ragulsky

7. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

0   0   0

Biggun:

Thanks for the offer Sir but I respectfully decline. I don't think that they'll work as the 7mm Mauser is not a belted casing. The price is excellent making me want to go out and buy an 8mm Mag.

Thank you very much for your assistance and the offer. Even though I can't use them I won't forget your kindness as well as those other folks who offered to help.

Respectfully,

Alex Ragulsky

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

8mm Rem Mag!!!

lol I don't think sooooo.....

9. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

0   0   0

Alex, check your email.

Larry

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I think the reference was to 8mm Mauser....

11. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

0   0   0

Larry:

Thanks again, Sir.

A 7mm Mauser is a new endeavor for me and boy does the gun shoot! It even makes me look like I know what I'm doing.

Respectfully,

YF,
    Alex

PS: You know, it sure is nice to be able to go to a web site and get such good information from nice people.

12. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

0   0   0

Alex, If you're going to delta labor day I think I have a box or two you can have--brass. Just let me know and I'll drop it with Roger. Phil Simms

13. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

0   0   0

Phil:

I'll be at Delta nand would love to have the brass. Thanks!

Get with me and I'll buy a soda.

Respectfully,

Alex Ragulsky

14. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

0   0   0

Alex, You can have what I have--lost my 7mm Mauser Win featherweight in a family trade deal. Shot some nice california muleys with that rifle but my father in law wanted it more than I did.

See ya then. Phil

15. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks Phil. I'll see you there.

And I promise I'll put them to good use.

Respectfully,

Alex Ragulsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

7mm mar brass hard to find

7mm mauser brass for sale

7mm mauser used brass