1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WTB: 45/70

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Am in the market for an unaltered, unmonkeyed-with Ruger #1 45/70. If I want it monkeyed with, I will be the monkey. Blue or stainless. Must have all parts it came with.

I know, I need this like a hole in the head.

Send pics and best price to my business e mail.

2. Lobo

Lobo TS Member

0   0   0

You ain't crazy. Love the 45-70. Shot a 1400 lb bull Buffalo with black powder load from an original 1874 Sharps. Went through. How much more power do you need? Look at a good Shiloh Sharps. Lifetime gun and pretty.

3. Shooting Coach

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Had an old set trigger Sharps back when I had good eyes. Nice gun.

Like the looks of the Ruger.

4. ron (vt)

ron (vt) Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

PM send.

5. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

Coach,

Have you looked at the Browning 1885?

Chichay

6. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The man wants a RUGER---Leave him alone!
    I have three Shiloah guns and love them. I am building a 45/90 on a Ruger #1 and at this point it looks really nice. If I had wantewd a Ruger I would have bought one just like him!

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

I have shot a Ruger #1 in 45/70 and found it to be a very good shooter (friends gun). I have a Marlin 1895 Cowboy in 45/70 and enjoy it as well.

I never met a 45/70 that I didn't like! I just like some more than others.

ss

8. Shooting Coach

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

I like the High Wall, but do not like the shotgun stock and crescent butt plate normally found on them and the Browning/Winchester special editions. The one High wall available with a modern stock set up for high power loads is pricey.

I have a passing knowledge of the #1's fire-control system, and other particulars. It is a VERY robust and versatile arm.

9. kirbythegunsmith

kirbythegunsmith Member

0   0   0

For the shooter that thought he had everything, I got a Quigley 34" in 45-120 for a friend.

He had passed last December and now his Widow is needing me to dispose of his single shots, including that one, some Browning B-78 and 1885 (including a 45-70), and a Uberti Low Wall in 38-40.

If anybody can use or know of shooters that like those kinds of rifles, let them know, please. The Widow will thank you for finding decent homes for these mostly all clean to like new rifles that range from .22 Hornet to 38-55, besides those mentioned.

Kirby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.